Saturday, November 10, 2007

Catching Up

I'm guessing - or is it hoping - that you noticed I have not blogged for a while. Well, I have been pretty busy and tired lately. I know that is not a good excuse, but the only one I have. Sorry!

So, I'll just bullet to get things going.

  • I cut my hair. Not a huge accomplishment for most. But, it takes me forever to make an appointment and then I stress about it until it is over.
  • I loved my new hair dresser! I mean love her! I don't know about you, but I have never been able to develop a relationship with a hairdresser. I usually sit in the chair silent; answering questions as they are given to me. I spend the time just sick; unable to take my eyes off the mirror. I wonder how in the mere second it takes to put the drape on me - I can turn into a Indian squaw! I don't know if it is because my hair is so dark or what. I just feel like I should be on the side of a dusty road with a bunch or baskets and blankets around me for sale. Oh, well. I digress. This time it was different. We talked non-stop. I felt so at ease. She was very interesting herself and she acted like we had known each other forever. To top it off - I really like my haircut. I am hooked!
  • I have just made a life long promise to myself. No Ponchos! I can only handle the squaw look from the hairdresser's mirror. That is enough for my tender self esteem.
  • Papa is doing pretty well. He seems to be happier than he has been in a long time. It is a relief to see him interested in things again.
  • I need to clean the house before Thanksgiving. Eeks!
  • I have counted 21 people for sure coming to Thanksgiving; 25 if the Wildes make it. It's a good thing we all love each other. Otherwise, it could be a crazy day!
  • The drugs seem to be working. I feel more like myself all the time. It played with my sleep patterns for a while, but that seems to be getting back to normal, too. Thank God for his guidance in this matter.
  • I haven't been to an auction in 3 weeks! I'm having withdrawal. I'm sad to say that I was tempted to miss the funeral of one of Jesse's friends in order to go to an auction. I am glad that I didn't give into my temptations, but would really love to go to a good auction sometime soon. I need to bid on something! Anything!
  • My dog stinks. I guess you don't need to know that, but what can I say? He needs a bath in the worst way.
  • I just bought tickets to go to New York City for Christmas. I am so excited! We have been wanting to go back since we were there in 2001, but never managed it. It is finally a reality. Yippee!
  • I am worried that Joe's Shanghai is no longer in Frommers. What does that mean? Have they fallen out of grace with the powers that be? Did they find something that shouldn't be in the dumplings? Will we be able to find it without our trusty Frommers to guide us? At least Big Nicks is still in there. I think Jesse would have fainted, if I said we wouldn't be able to return to his favorite joint.
  • How can someone watch football all day? Wouldn't it all run together? How do you keep the teams straight, after seeing 4+ games? Maybe, it is akin to when I watch Lifetime Movies for hours. It is a sickness, I know.

I am brain dead and need to go to bed. I have to work tomorrow to make up for taking this Monday off. So, it will be a early morning for me. Goodnight!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you have an awesome time in NY. Are you dreaming of a white Christmas?

Gema said...

HI!! It is so good to have you back. And I am so glad you are going to NYC for Christmas. We will check out Joe's for you this week and of course, Nick's, and you can borrow my old Frommer's book. You two deserve this. I am so proud of you for doing it. I can't wait to see you at TG. Let me know if you want any other info from NYC--call me. I got a new phone finally--same number. I drowned my old one----you know, it kinda runs in the family.

tpot said...

I am so glad you have returned to blogger central. We missed you! I kept checking, and then it's amazing how a few days go by. I can't wait to see your new haircut AND find out where you went. I have NEVER found one out here that I like AND can afford. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Send a picture of your new do since I won't be seeing you anytime soon.

no_iffer said...

Welcome back! YOU have been missed terribly! Um, so you're going to NY for Christmas? I might have to hate you now. JK. I am very jealous but so excited for you and Jess - that will be super fun.

I can't wait to see the new 'do and I am glad you liked your hairdresser. That is so very important.