Monday, November 26, 2007

Jesse's Birthday

Jesse got an Ipod. That is all I really need to say. He has been floating on cloud nine for two days now. It makes me feel really guilty for not getting him one sooner. I didn't know he could grin for that long. It is truly amazing.
Thanks to everyone that helped me pour over "the day after" ads looking for the best deal. It was really worth it.

I must say, that Jess is the hardest person in the world to surprise with a gift. On Sunday morning, I carefully got up early and placed his present right where he would see it when he first woke up. Where? The Bathroom, of course! It is every one's first stop - right?! Well, I counted at least 2 trips to said bathroom before he came out into the living room. I was expecting him to at say, "Thanks." or something. What did he do? He stumbled over the dog and walked over to the coffee pot.
So, I thought, He must not realize that I am awake. So, I said what everyone says on some one's big day, "Happy Birthday!"
"Huh?"
"Happy Birthday! Good Morning!"
"Oh, yeah. Thanks"
"How're ya feeling?"
"Fine. I need coffee."

OK. At this point, I am beginning to realize that he hasn't seen the package that he practically had to sit on to get to the potty. Why? Because, I figure, the Magical World of Ipod would negate the need for coffee. Therefore, somewhere in my sweet hubby's coffee deprived brain, he had managed to remain completely oblivious to the fact that

  1. there was a lime green, blue, and yellow striped bag with large HAPPY BIRTHDAY letters on it
  2. said bag had lime green tissue paper poofing out of it
  3. there was a lime green card with his name on it
  4. All of this was right by his head the whole time he tinkled this morning.

OK. Plan B.

Needless to say, Plan B worked better. Want to get a coffee drinker's attention? Put it by the coffee pot. Walla! Instant success.

1 comment:

tpot said...

That is hilarious!!! I'm so glad he like it!