Friday, July 30, 2010

Family

*Just a little warning - I went a little picture happy today.
But I just couldn't help myself.*
*Oh! I, also, experimented with Photoshop. So, some of the pictures may look a little weird.
OK. Some of them WILL look a little weird.*


I learned something during our Family Reunion, this year. I realized that there are a few things about family that we take for granted. I think that, sometimes, we have to be reminded of how special family can be. Then, I realized the only way to really share this information is to use visual aids.
Lucky for me, my family is not camera shy. Nor, are they hesitant to help me prove a point - especially when they don't know that is what they are doing.

So here goes!

Family is patient.
And being patient with family is always easier than being patient alone.

Family celebrates even the smallest victories.

No matter how small it really is,
they realize just how important that catch is to you.


So, they try to make it look as big as it feels to you!
Even if it means getting within and inch or two of a tiny perch with their favorite camera.




Family works together as a team.
They won't let the biggest or smallest challenge stop them.
Not even a killer perch with a penchant for worms and shrimp.


Family will carry you when you are down.
And never complain about how heavy your are.
Well, they'll seldom complain about how heavy you are.
OK! OK! They'll complain a lot!
BUT - They will carry you just the same.

They will even carry you when your sheet rips and your hiney is dragging on the ground.
They know just how important family photos are for future generations.
So, they would never run over the family photographer.
Guys......
I said you would never run over the designated photographer.



Family comes running when you call.
(It never hurts to have a prize waiting or bragging rights at stake.)




Family is never embarrassed to Shake Their Groove Thing in the name of fun.



Well, they might be a little embarrassed....
But, they'll do it anyway.





Family will ensure that you stay humble and don't get a big head.





Even if it means covering said head with shaving cream and throwing Cheetos at you.




Then, that same family, will tell you that it looks good on you!
And it does!



Family would never let you purposefully get egg on your face.

And if they can't stop it, they'll only look a little disgusted.
(Seeing his Grandude smash eggs on his forehead, may have scarred the Little Man for life.)

Family prefers doing things together, instead of alone.
They know that there is strength in numbers -
Especially ours.

The great thing is, doing things with family is always more fun!



Families would never bend the rules or cheat each other.


But, they might bend a few cards to win a race!



Family would never leave you hanging.....


Well, maybe for just a little while.
But, they'd always come back!


Finally, Family should be made up of good sports.
Thanks for the memories everyone! Thanks for enjoying the race!
I love and respect you all!
Even with egg on your forehead, flour on your chins and cheeks, and shaving cream in your hair, you are awesome! And I am blessed to know and love you all!

3 comments:

Alisa said...

I love, love, love this post. You are a very gifted photographer and a truly gifted writer.

tpot said...

That's great!!! I love all the pics. Thanks for logging it for all of us since we were a little busy. Girl, you had us runnin'!

Rebekah Collette said...

Oh my gosh!!! I love these! I love love the way you posted the pics with the quotes it was soo fun to read!

"Family celebrates even the smallest of victories" haha the baby fish picture to go with it too cute!

"Guys I said never run over the photographer" haha I laughed out loud!

And Hayden's face in that picture of Jess with the eggs, priceless!

thanks bunches and bunches and tonz ans tonz Tammie that was a blast. I wil never forget the fun had by all, you truly amaze me and I love you!