Saturday, July 17, 2010

Simply Amazing

I know this girl.



She's a woman, in fact.



The thing is ------ she continually amazes me.



She can do anything she decides to do. Who does that? Really?

Apparently, she does. And she doesn't depend on luck. She thinks things through. She makes wise decisions. She works hard and steadily to get things done.



She is beautiful and seems to get more so everyday. I see her and my heart stops for a second. It is amazing. She has these beautiful, big eyes that I would eat cauliflower for.

(If you know my aversion to most vegetables -especially white, bumpy, totally gross, vegetables, you would know how much I wish I had her eyes.)

Her skin is flawless and creamy. And her smile....... Her smile makes you smile with her. You just have to smile. You can literally feel a switch turn on in your heart that makes you smile.



She is a gifted mother. I watch her and wonder how she seems to know exactly what to do when a situation arises. (I remember having to ask tons of questions at every stage of my kids lives. It is a wonder that they are still talking to me, let alone decent human beings. But, I digress.) She has taken to motherhood like some people take to cheesecake covered in cherries. It boggles my mind.



To make matters even more amazing, she has a great, but twisted, sense of humor. She is a little wicked, but not so much so that you feel too naughty when you laugh with her.



I, honestly, can't believe that I have known her all her life. It seems like I have known her all of MY life.



Oops! Did I forget to mention that this beautiful, intelligent woman is my daughter?!



Well, somehow, she is. I don't know how. But, I have the proof. Stretchmarks, a birth certificate, and family photos should hold up in any court of law.



I don't know why I have been blessed with the gift of this wonderful daughter. I just thank God for her everyday. And since I would be hauled off to the loony bin if I stood on my roof and shouted at the top of my lungs, "My daughter is better than all the Georgia Mud fudge blizzards, with extra hot fudge, Dairy Queen-y can make!", I decided to shout it on this blog.



So there!



My Daughter is Better than banana splits! Better than a pedicure! Better than sleeping late on a Saturday morning! She's better than chicken enchiladas and chili con queso! Plus - she can bake and decorate a better cake than Betty Crocker! And I am proud to know and respect her!



Love you, Amber!

4 comments:

tpot said...

That was pretty darn sweet! And what a cute pic!!!! That reminds me so much of Abby. All that cute chubbiness. Amber, you are a beautiful woman and a great mother! Here! Here!

Alisa said...

Awwwwww! What a tribute!!

Amber Lichtenstein said...

Awww. Love you, mom! Thanks for this post! It made my day

no_iffer said...

well, shucks. that made my tear up smile and laugh all at the same time. :) Great post, tammie. And you do have one amazing daughter. :)