I spend most of my work day feeling like a monkey trying to catch the tail of a tornado. Spinning, grabbing, twirling, reaching - all to feel it slip thru my fingertips. During all this, I am, also, trying to keep from being sucked into the vortex. It can make for a dizzying, exhausting time.
But given all that, it isn't so bad.
At the end of a day of tornado wrangling, I get the privilege of working out. At the gym, I feel much calmer. The only worry I have is keeping my thighs from starting a small fire on the elliptical. OH! I have to try to keep from knocking a skinny chick over with my uncoordinated moves in Zumba class. And then there is the task of not letting my eyes burn out of my head by the sight of all the naked women running around in the locker room. (I am embarrassed by how embarrassed it makes me to see all those totally nude people. I know they aren't embarrassed or shy about it, but I am. What's up with that?!)
But it is worth it. I feel skinnier already.
Yeah..... RIGHT!
But I am sleeping better.
So, given all that, it isn't so bad.
Finally, I am getting to spend more time in the evenings with my sweet hubby. Even though I spend some evenings watering plants and perusing the net, it is nice to be at home. I feel like I am able to rest and gather my thoughts before I start another day of tornado wrangling.
So, given all the changes that have happened in the last couple of weeks, it hasn't been so bad.
I still miss my old job. But, I don't miss the loss of personal time.
I miss the people who are not only caring, but are incredibly knowledgeable. However, I am learning not to compare one person to another. So what, if the business manager didn't know what insurance/health care provider a resident was using - and told me the wrong info? So what, if she didn't know the SS# of a different resident - and expected me to know it, when she never got it on admit? I can get over that. I can be flexible. However, it is my right - in this blog - to whine about it.
So here goes.....
I miss my Garnet!!!!! (Yep. That is for you, Garnet!) I do miss you tons! I, also, hope you are still reading this, every once in a while.
I, also, miss everyone else. For a variety of reasons.
However, I am starting to acclimate to the weather, so to speak, at work. It will be just fine in the long run. Like any change, it will just take some getting used to. I think I will survive, and maybe even succeed. I just have to keep from getting sucked up and tossed into the vortex.
No comments:
Post a Comment