After a bit of begging.....
After a lot of hemming and hawing....
After some nail biting....
After nearly driving my hubby nuts....
I finally entered the world of the laptop!
Woohoo!!
Yippee!!!!
That's me doing the 'I Rock!' dance!!!!
I'm hoping that I will blog more often, since I won't have to compete with an electric guitar for rights to my brain. If you don't know what I mean by that, you just need to take your laptop to a guitar store. Just sit right down next to the area where all the guys/chicks tryout each and every guitar. Now, I know you will be able to ignore the drool each 'artist' is unable to control when they pick up one of the guitars. Just duck your head and start typing. No problem, right? Wrong! That guy that is drooling over the black guitar with the orange flames down the middle will have to - just have to - play that there guitar. And he will be required, by some unwritten rule, to play it at the highest decibel possible that will not blow out the speakers on the amp. If he doesn't play it as loud as possible, they will look on him in shame and kick him out onto the street. The only thing that may save your hearing and your sanity is the fact that he can not afford the amp the guitar is plugged into, let alone the guitar he is 'trying out.' Now that he/she is playing, try composing something simple. Let's say..... a grocery list. If you think I am still full of bull hockey and that a little music wouldn't deter you from doing anything, then try describing your deepest feelings while the 'artist' behind you cranks out Def Lepperd (if you are lucky) or picks out the chords he just learned from a friend (if you are unlucky.) I think you will understand my dilemma.
But, now that I no longer have to share the room with a guitar, baseball, golf, or some show where everyone dies expect the marginally moral 'good guy,' I hope to get more stuff done.
On one note concerning an earlier post:
I have decided to stay with Rehabcare. The have offered me a position much closer to home. Which, when you think about it, could give me up to an hour and a half more time to do things other than work or drive. I could do something crafty... or read.... or garden during the week.... or workout.... or blog!
I am very sad to say goodbye to all the residents and staff of Hill Country Care. I can't imagine a more family oriented place. Everyone there has been so wonderful, helpful, and caring. As I told residents that I was leaving, I had to stop myself from crying. But, I know that this is the best decision. I have such a peace about it. I think I knew from the beginning what the answer would be. However, I couldn't let myself believe that decision would be so clear. Shouldn't it be messy? How could it be so easy when I finally, really looked at the question? I don't know if that makes sense to anyone but me. But, there it is. My convoluted logic.
Thanks for all the prayers, words of wisdom and encouragement, and the happy hour or two. I am sure I will be filling you in on the trials and tribulations of a very, shy girl entering a 120 bed facility with ump-teen therapists and a huge staff - None of which I know. Egads! Makes me break out into a sweat!
2 comments:
You will do just fine at the new place. You have a love and gentleness that draws others right to you so I have no doubt, you will fit in right away.
You got a laptop, I got DirecTV. See,there is someone behind you in this fast paced world.
Congrats on your new laptop! I am so happy for you. What did you end up getting?
And I am so happy you made your job decision. Sounds like the right one for you--so glad you won't have so much driving to do. And Tammie, you are so nice and friendly and fun-loving I cannot imagine the rest of the staff not be delighted to have you on board. You are a treasure.
Post a Comment