I was so excited this morning.
We have been half heartily looking for a headboard for our king sized bed. Yesterday, I saw the perfect one on Craigslist. So after the usual emailing back and forth, we finally managed to buy the thing and take it home.
We were both so excited, that we couldn't wait to put it up. So, despite the fact that some friends of ours were cooking us BBQ, we started the 'quick task' of changing the bed.
HAHAHAHAH!
I forgot what all lurks under the bed. I think I forgot on purpose. Because, if I remembered, everyday, what is lying under our bed, I wouldn't be able to sleep. How the heck does it get that bad?
Needless to say, out came the vacuum and the trash can. We cleaned up the mess and started putting the bed together. It went pretty smoothly. That is, until we excitedly laid the box springs on the frame.
Houston! We have a problem!
Box spring #1 is noticeably shorter than the bed frame. Hmmmm.... What's going on here?!
After a few choice words and some head scratching, we decided that this is do able. We can buy some shorter rails and make it work.
So, with optimism in running thru our veins, we proceeded to place the second box spring on the bed.
Uhmmm.....
Honey......
It doesn't fit......
What????
Really, it doesn't fit.....
At this point, we decided that we better get over to our friends house. But, before we left, we looked up some information on king size beds. Apparently, unbeknownst to us. We bought a California King. Apparently, in California, they make people longer and skinnier. So, they do not need the extra 4 inches in width and need an extra 4 inches in length. Who knew?
Not me.
So as I am typing this, Fisherhead is dismantling the beautiful headboard and putting up the ratty old metal frame we have been using.
So, if anyone is looking for a California King Headboard/foot board and rails, just let me know.
I have on real nice one for cheap!
2 comments:
oH, BUMMER! So you can't just turn the mattress?
That's terrible! What a disappointment! It seems like that should have been made clear that it was a California king...And to discover that only after setting up the whole thing! So sorry!
Post a Comment