Friday, June 18, 2010

Hold On To Your Britches!

Change is a Coming!
But why? Why do we have to change?
I like things just the way they are.
Change Smange!
The nursing home where I work has been sold. No one knew it was even for sale. We got the news on Monday and by Tuesday the new owners were touring the place. Talk about your classic case of making people's heads spin.
So, what does this mean? Well, it means that as of July 1st, when the new owners take over, I may or may not be working there. You see, the new guys just happen to have their own rehab company. Consequently, my company is going out like dirty dish water.
Which is where my dilemma lies. I love the facility where I work. I love the staff, the residents, and the entire atmosphere. However, I love Rehabcare. I respect them. They have opened doors for me that I didn't know where there. They have been open, honest, and fair in their dealings. Besides all that, they are a very stable, large company. So, the question is : What do I do? Do I stay at the facility and take my chances on this new company? OR Do I stay with Rehabcare and take my chances with a new facility?
Today, I toured a Rehabcare facility much, Much closer to home. They need a COTA. It is a brand new facility with a large staff. EEKS! No more 4-5 therapists in a small building. This building is twice the size of mine. Man! It will take some getting used to.
I haven't heard anything from the new company other than a few rumors and "I'll be by sometime next week to talk to all of you about the change." WHAT!!!! I have two and a half weeks to make a big decision and your making me wait a week before you will talk to me?! I'll be honest here : That has not inspired a sense of goodwill in my anxiety ridden heart.
I am torn. I feel guilty about thinking of leaving. I feel stupid to not take a position closer to home. The hour (plus some) drive gets to me some days. But then, Dripping is a great facility. Why do things have to CHANGE?!?!?!?
Well, I will let you know what the final decision is. - As soon as I have a decision to share.

1 comment:

Alisa said...

I will be praying for God to show you exactly where He wants you to be.