Monday, July 27, 2009

Number 8

This is the Natural Bridge in Virginia
We went all the way to Virginia to go to Natural Bridge. We really could have saved a lot of money and just drove to San Marcos. NOT! This was very cool. And unfortunately, I wasn't able to take a good picture of it. Along the right side of the cliff, there were several names carved in the wall. What really made all this graffiti interesting? Well, you had to look at the dates. Most were from the 1800's. Isn't that just amazing?! Not only were we able to see and touch something that other hands had carved over a hundred and fifty years before, but we were witness to the beginning of America's love/hate relationship with writing on the bathroom walls.


Now, I don't want you all to think that just some bums wrote on these cliffs. On the left about 30 feet from the creek were these initials -G.W. Can you guess who would have dared to mar this pristine piece of nature?


I'll tell ya tomorrow!


And don't bother texting or calling me.


My lips are sealed until tomorrow!
Really!


You couldn't drag it out of me if you hung me from a cherry tree!


Nope.


Not even the swelling waters of the Potomac could scare it out of me!


Don't even think about it!


I'm not saying anything until I see the whites of tomorrow's eyes.


You'll just have to wrack your brains until then.

No comments: