Tammie,
You are going to get a breast exam this week.
This is non-negotiable.
Tell me who to call so I can set up the appt.
Wake me up at 6:30.
Now, I know that there is a lot of love and concern behind this note. I even know that it was prompted by the discovery that a wife of one of his friends was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. He found out last night. So, therefore, I got the note.
Now don't be expecting me to try to back out of this. I'm not going to do that. I know how important it is to him. Frankly, I have been meaning to do it. Life just seems to keep getting in the way. Needless to say, a mammogram has not been at the top of my priority list.
I said all of that just to do one thing. Seriously, what I needed to do with this entry was get a song out of my head. It started at 6:40 this morning and has been playing relentlessly all day. I thought if I wrote it down - for all the world to see, it might show pity on me and leave. I fully realize that I run the risk of it getting stuck in someone else's head for a while. But that is a risk I am willing to take.
This little ditty is to the tune Lollipop. Please don't hate me for the bad lyrics and not following the tune precisely. I can't be responsible for all that my freaked out brain comes out with.
Mammogram, Mammogram, Got to get a Mammogram
Squeeze!
*ouch* *ouch* *ouch* *ouch*
Got to get a mammogram.
My man says it time.
Easy for him to say,
the booby's mine
At least I have some
to plop on the plate.
It could be worse though,
What if I had eight?
Promised him I'd get it done
It's just about time.
But, things like this should
be labeled a crime.
Time for a ...
Mammogram, mammogram
Got to get a mammogram
Mammogram, mammogram
Dreadful, yucky mammogram
Mammogram!
Squeeze
*ouch* *ouch* *ouch* *ouch*
Lose my dignity
On a cold metal plate.
Get the girl's smashed
Now, isn't that great!
Hope the nurse there
really has seen it all
stretch marks, dangly boobs
You don't see at the mall
I know it's the smartest-
thing I can do.
There's a mammogram
waiting for you!
Go get a...
Mammogram, mammogram
Got to get a mammogram
Mammogram, mammogram
Dreadful, yucky mammogram
Mammogram!
Squeeze
*ouch* *ouch* *ouch* *ouch*
Well, I feel a LOT better.
1 comment:
I love your mammogram blog! Oh my. You have me scared to pieces to turn 40 or whatever age they make you do it now. But that is cute and will always be remembered. And I love all your pics form Virginia! Looks like ya'll had a blast. I'm so glad! Seems it was worth torturing Adam with the camera. You got some great shots, and I like the one of you, too. You look very pretty!
Post a Comment