Yep. You read it here first. I have made it thru two days without taking anything more serious than ibuprofen for pain. It is amazing. Just as amazing, my head has not spun on it's axis or spewed smoke for 4 days. Now, that is an answer to prayers - mine and Jesse's. (Personally I think he prayed harder than I did.) Yipee! I am beginning to feel like myself again!
I have some aching pain when I walk to much - like all over Walmart. And it didn't do me much good to move Hayden around, but who can resist that little chubster? Other than that, if I don't try to reach things way over my head or drag/carry anything over my prescribed poundage, I am doing fine.
The doctor said that due to my level of anemia, before the surgery, and the blood loss, during, it would take me about 120 days to start feeling 100% in the energy department. 120 days! That is a long time. I am just thanking God that this had to happen when I didn't have any children at home. I can't imagine trying to change a diaper, chase after a toddler, run to soccer practice, go to the library, and cook dinner for hungry kids. Egads! God really knows what He is doing. As it is, I feel like a huge burden to Jess. I'm just trying to remember that he had his hip surgery a while back. I'm hoping I was as helpful to him as he has been to me.
At least Molly has gotten something out of my house arrest. She has really calmed down and will follow most of my commands the first time. I think Molly even impressed Tania. When Tania brought us her famous chicken and rice dinner, Molly stayed in her chair until I told her she could get out. Before, she would jump on, trip, and sniff inappropriately anyone brave or stupid enough to enter our front door. So, luckily, Tania did not have to experience the Bad Molly Welcome. (Sorry to say, we are still working on the sniffing inappropriately. Though we are making progress.) Hopefully, by the family camp out, she will be a great addition to the fun.
Now, all I have to do is start taking a shower regularly. I am sorry to say, that I have been very remiss in this area. I have two not-so-good reasons for this.
1. I am very scared to take showers when I am the only person home. It kinda runs along the same line on why I don't like vacuuming when I am alone. You can't hear if someone sneaks up on you. When I absolutely have to shower under these circumstances, I keep the curtain at least 1/2 way open and try to not close my eyes. I often check out the mirror to make sure no one is hiding behind the closed section of shower curtain. Go ahead and laugh. I know it is the craziest phobia ever. I have discovered that when the bathroom door is closed and the drawers under the sink are open, the bathroom door is blocked. I have tried this, but still check it out frequently; just in case someone is determined enough to slowly work the drawer closed through the little slit the door can open. It is just easier to wait til someone is home with me.
2. Showering takes a lot of work. There is so much to do. Wash hair. bathe body. Rinse. Condition hair. Wash face. Rinse, again. Shave legs and underarms. Rinse one more time. Dry off. Start the face regimen. Comb through hair. Put on pants and undies. Finish face regimen. Decided on hair - curly or straight? Dry hair with blow dryer- but not too much. Use curling iron or rounded hair dryer to finish unless going with curly hair. Open bathroom door to let in some cool air. Finish getting dressed. Put on makeup. Spray hair. Look at self and wonder - That's It?! Put on shoes. Get husband to tell you you look great. Whew! You're done.
I think I could have easily lived in the stinky old days of a bath once a week, as long as I got to brush my teeth and didn't get too sweaty.
Now, that I have grossed everyone out, I am going to take a shower, cause my husband told me I had too.
1 comment:
You're not crazy at all! When Josh is gone I make sure I shower before it gets dark out this way, I figure, my neighbors and their kids are outside playing, so there's less of a chance for someone to break in and I check that the alarm in On a million times. I am also constantly checking to make sure the bathroom door is still locked as I'm showering. I have diagnosed myself with OCD because I'm so paranoid!! (same goes for the vacuuming thing too!)
Glad you are feeling better!
Post a Comment