I'm sure, especially from the comments of others, that it has been noticed that I have not been blogging as much as in the past. Well, I have a one word answer for that - Ipod. Yes, I do work long days and I am very tired during the week. But, exhaustion is not my only foe. My husband's Ipod has taken over our computer.
I don't want to put all the blame on my husband and his beloved Ipod. I take full blame for getting him an Ipod that seemingly has unlimited space. I thought I was being sweet and smart to get him an 8gig Ipod. After all, he would not only be able to put his innumerable Cd's on it, but could download some too. How right I was! Unfortunately, I did not take into account that after putting all of his cd's on it and all the music he had on the computer already, he would have 186 DAYS of continous listening and had only used 2% of his available space. I did not anticipate the crazed look in his eyes when he discovered the enormous amount of space left. Neither, did I realize the depth of music on iTunes, nor, the un-ignorable pull of a virtual music store. Silly, silly, wife!
It wouldn't be so bad, if our computer was a little stronger, faster, or had more memory. It wouldn't hurt to have a faster internet service either. I am very embarrased to say, that just having the Ipod plugged in seems to slow everything down by 50% - without being online. If it is plugged in and you do attempt to get online, be prepared to wait- and wait- and wait. Then, don't be surprised if you lose your connection and have to start all over again. So, I tend to not even try.
Then, finally, there is all the time it takes to browse, buy, sort, and do what ever else one does with all that music. So, when I do think, I have something I want to put in my blog, I am thwarted by my husbands figure hunched over the computer typing and clicking furiously. He occasionally lets out an, "Oh cool!" or "What else could it be under?" He will turn to me, every so often, with bloodshot, dilated eyes to tell me that he has 3,000 some odd days of continous music and has only used a miniscule amount of his memory. He giggles maniacally and says, "This is the best gift ever!" before he turns back to the computer. Frankly, I feel like a heroin supplier or something. Do you thing there is an Ipod Anonymous or a support group for Spouses of Ipod addicts?
I am going to try and be a little more regular in my blogging. I really do miss it. I posted the last few blogs from work, but that is iffy too. I keep hoping that he will find all the music he wants and he will not need to be downloading much more music. Unfortunately, I am not a music lover. Therefore, I am told, I am unable to grasp the fact that you can never have too much music. Honestly, I just don't get it. However, I now understand our husbands better when they feel like blogging has stolen their wives. So, I'm thinking that we just need to come up with a schedule or something. That way we can each save our respective addictions - blogging and Ipod. (I still think blogging is much better than listening to music all day. *wink - wink*)
2 comments:
This was too funny! I loved it! And I could just picture Jess in music heaven. I don't think there is a cure. Thankfully, I was wise (and blessed with the funds) that when Don got his big IPOD and was wanting to use MY new laptop....that I strongly suggested he go buy himself a new laptop since there were such good sales after Christmas. I am soooo glad he did or I would be in the same dilema. When we were at his Dad's after the Christmas we got IPODS we also spent hours going nuts downloading tunes. His Dad had wireless and it was so fast we felt like we had to download all we could while there so we were up into the wee hours downloading.
So I totally excuse your lack of blogging--even though you were on the "good" list in that we have at least heard from you this month...
I miss you terribly and yearn for some garage sale time with you.
Poor mom. Maybe he'll get tired of it soon. that or he'll download too many and the ipod will fry and he'll have to start all over again! Thats what happened to someone i knew...
Post a Comment