I just wanted to brag on my sweet hubby. He was very sweet and made this year's Valentine's day very special for me.
This year, we decided to break our tradition of making a fancy, candle lit meal for everyone, in favor of going out - just the two of us. I know. How selfish can we get?! But, after 10+ years, we decided it was time.
However, we just couldn't face the love struck, love forced, and better be loved crowds that swarm on Valentine's day. So, Friday the 15th was our date night. We picked The Cheescake Factory for our Night of Love.
I love getting ready for a date. I don't know why it makes me feel so feminine. Using special perfumed soap and matching lotion or body spray leaves me feeling pretty. It doesn't hurt that Jesse always tells me how good I smell.
I was thinking that it being the night after Valentine's the restaurants would be less crowded than usual. Wrong! We had to wait in line 10 minutes just to get our names on the list. Jesse just took it in stride. (I was a little worried, we would both collapse from hunger.) He suggested we take a seat at the bar and get a drink. After 2 drinks each - May I suggest a Mojito to anyone? YUM! - we were able to go to our table. We had great food and even ordered dessert. (Which we never do!) We were relaxed and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Jesse was so attentive and tried really hard to make the night a special one. We left stuffed and with 2 bags of leftovers.
I know that this doesn't sound very exciting. And, I don't want anyone to think that Jesse only pays attention to me on special nights. He is always attentive. That night, however, he was trying so hard to make it all special for me. It wasn't just another night of eating out to him. He really wanted me to feel loved and to enjoy myself. We could have eaten at Sonic and I would have felt just as special.
I am just so blessed to have a husband that cares enough to try so hard to make me feel wonderful. I thank God for him everyday. He is definately a dream come true.
3 comments:
mmm I love the Cheesecake Factory. I always make sure I save some room for desert. Can't go to the Cheescake Factory and not have some cheesecake right? Sounds like you guys had a great time!
I had to comment before I read this to get it off. Need to talk about trip to adam grad. Have you made tickets yet?? call me when you get time--we will be home Fri night julie
AAAAaaa, that sounds like such a wonderful night. You do have a gem of a husband.....even if ipods do steal him away some....he is a real sweetheart and I think you are both blessed to have each other. Happy Valentines.
Post a Comment