Friday, September 23, 2011

Meet Hershey!

It's finally happened.

I've become one of those crazy ladies that has a purse sized dog.



Her name is Hershey.
Below is what she looked like when I met her.


Her previous owners placed an ad on C.List.
I know! I know! That is not the best way to get a pet. The owners could no longer afford to care for her and her two other siblings. Even though I knew that people lie on C. List,  I decided to give it a shot and see what the home looked like. When I got there, this is what I found. She was one solid mat. It was so sad! She was such a happy little thing. So, was her brother. The family seemed nice and seemed to care for them. I don't really know what happened. But, feeling like a cad for not taking both dogs, I rushed Hershey out of there and into my car.

Where I had the following conversation:

Ring..... Ring....

Me: Hello?

AmberBamber: Hey Mom. What ya doing?

Me: I'm driving my new dog home. She's so cute!

AB: You have a new dog? Why are getting a new dog?

Me: Because I  wanted a lap dog.

AB: Mom, are you turning into a dog hoarder?


And my children wonder why I like dogs.


After a trip to the vet, where I got a lecture on getting animals from CL. We happily discovered that she is perfectly healthy. She had to get a ton of shots and other doggie must haves, but she is healthy. 
Next was an appointment with the groomer.

Half a pound of hair lighter, this is what she looks like.




Poor little thing! She went from having so much matted fur (it was like hugging a dirty braided rug) to being practically bald.

But, isn't that the sweetest face?


2 comments:

Alisa said...

So precious! Hershey fits her. Julie will want one too.

Gema said...

I love her! And what a transformation! You can see how her self esteem grew after her makeover. She has the sweetest, happiest look. What do Molly and Cash think of her? I can't wait to meet her Friday.