Thursday, September 8, 2011

Oops!

So, I started taking these hormones two months ago. I'll not bore you with the why's and what's. Just know that getting older sucks. Really sucks. Oh! And if you haven't realized that you are going to be a old, wrinkled, mess in what seems like less than a month's time, then you are too young to be reading the rest of this post. For the rest of you that were blissfully unaware of how quickly wrinkles (and the years) creep up on you AND you feel like you just graduated from high school last week, here is chance to learn from an other's stupidity.

I am taking two different hormones. One I take in the morning; the other at night. The bedtime hormone induces feelings of deep relaxation and sleepiness. The other... well, I'm not sure what it does other than give me bad dreams if I take the prescribed two doses. 
I am just now finishing up my second month of hormone therapy. I get them from the pharmacy in compounded form. They come in these neat little 'click-a-dose' bottles. One is pink, (morning dose) and the other is blue (you guessed it, the evening dose.) I have been dutifully rubbing this compounded cream into the thin skinned, vein rich area at my wrist. First thing every morning and the last thing at night I rub, rub, rub.
Jesse says that he can tell a difference. Maybe my head isn't spinning on it's axis as often. Or maybe it is the occasional, complete sentence I am now able to make. I don't think, in the last two months, I have cried at a single Humane Society commercial or felt deep, overwhelming despair because we ran out of tea. I felt really good for the first month. This month, I have felt just Okay. This morning, I found out why.

You see, I've been pretty tired this month. I chalked it up to the fact that I haven't been sleeping very well. Between the restless nights and some stress, I just figured that this was one of those times that you are supposed to buckle down and work through the fatigue. After all, I have been good about taking my supplements and my hormones. So, what else could it be?

I'm so stupid!

Guess what....

Something strange happened, this morning. I ran out of my morning dose of pink hormone. Talk about weird I should still have another thirty days of cream left. I was expecting to run out of my night time dose, but not my morning one. Did they jip me? This stuff isn't cheap! Dang! I'm going to have to buy both sets of creams, again. Ugh!
As I was mulling on this, I happened to see something that didn't belong on my little pink Dial-a-Dose bottle. It said clear as day - EVENING. I did a double take. I closed and opened the cabinet again.Yep, it said EVENING. What was that word doing on the my morning dosage? Everyone knows that pink is for the day and blue is for the evening. Didn't I say that earlier? 
Then I remembered something important. I hadn't read the bottles when I picked up my refills. I just put the blue bottle by the bed and the pink one in the medicine cabinet. Every time I rubbed on the cream, I was too tired and bleary eyed to pay attention to the bold and capitalized print on the containers.
No wonder I have been tired at work! And I have been having the oddest dreams!
I am choosing to blame this on the dogs or Fisherhead. I don't know exactly how it is their fault, but I'll figure it out somehow. Because I know... just KNOW.... that this mix up had absolutely nothing to do with my failing eye sight, the lines that I know are on my face, my decreased ability to remember my name - let alone read, or the fact that I am just getting older everyday! Something else has got to be to blame!
After all, wasn't it just last week that I was young, smart, and had good eyesight?!


1 comment:

Alisa said...

Thank you for a good laugh on a Friday morning.