Don't wanna be...
All By myself...
Anymore....
I've been missing Fisherhead. He's doing this second job thing for a couple of months now. Consequently, I don't get to see him much anymore. He's just too busy. When I do see him, we're having to do something... Like drive to Texarkana and back in two days or less or go to some wedding or another.
Now, you know that I like to be by myself. I enjoy the quiet. I enjoy eating thrown together stuff that only I like. And the first week or two, I liked having so much "me" time. I thought, "This is a decent gig. I can definitely get used to this." Then, they started having him work all the time. Almost every week night and on the weekends, I was home alone. When he is home, he's so tired! I just place some food on his lap and put the fork in his hand. There has been a time or two that I thought I was going to have to feed him. At bedtime, I just pick him up and carry him to bed. It's sad. So sad. I really am feeling sorry for him. Really! I don't know how much longer he is going to be able to keep it up.
To top it off, I'm getting stressed out myself. After all, with him gone, that means that I have do things by myself.... Like do the dishes.... And the laundry.... Take out the trash.... Unplug toilets....And carry in the groceries by myself!!!!! Oh the inhumanity!
Do you know that I had to take my car to get it's oil changed?!?! What the Heck am I married for?!
And some stuff is just plum scary without him around. The dogs bark at stuff all the time. How am I supposed to know if it is a for real intruder or just one of Cash's killer armadillos? I had to vacuum the other day - And NO ONE else was home! I thought I was going to have a heart attack before I finished. But the worst thing is: Showers! I have to take a shower without someone being there who can do battle with the guy from Psycho. After all, by the time he's at the shower, I won't have anything to fight him off with. While a scrubby is death to dead skin cells, I don't see Norman Bates fleeing in terror from one.
I want my He-Man back!
2 comments:
Welcome to my world!
Its seems whenever Josh is working, something will break or go wrong. We were having problems with the garage door and he said "if it gets stuck while I'm gone, just pull really hard and it will close". of course, it got stuck open the day after he left. I took his advice, pulled for dear life, and it would not close! I was hanging on the garage door like a fool trying to get it to close! luckily my neighbor came over to help and got it to close after about 20 minutes. oh and don't get me started about having car problems when he's away. its not fun when driving to church on Sunday morning and your car starts to make a horrible noise and you finally find someplace that is open and they can't help you and send you to another place that is closed! ugh, so yea, I totally understand. Being all by myself is a regular occurance in my life.
Like the look of your blog.
If you are in need, I can loan you my mom. She is pretty handy to have around.
Post a Comment