I saw something the other day, that is still stuck in my brain. I have decided that the only way to get it out of my mind is to share it with the world. ...... Or to be more precise with the 2.5 people that are bored enough to read this blog. ...... So, for you 2 and a half people - and I know it is the better half - I decided to dig deep into the well hidden world of :
Things That Gross Me Out - out - out...
(That's supposed to be an echo)
The first thing I want, no need, to get off my brain is this:
I was minding my own business, when I noticed the cute, litte car I was passing.
I swear! It looked just like the MIL's car. So, I was going to wave. I swear it!
Now, if I wasn't being so friendly, I wouldn't have seen what is, now, burned into my brain. But, that is the kind of person I am. Friendly to a fault. Yep. That's me.
So, as I came even with the car, I turned to look at the driver. My hand was raised in the perfect position to wave to the MIL. But, what did my poor, helpless eyes see?
A total stranger digging for oil where no oil is to be found!
I am surprised that this lady's finger wasn't poking out of her ear. She was completely invested in not stopping until she had something to show for her efforts.
My hand was not the only thing frozen in mid air. My brain was stuck in "Oh my Gosh!" mode. Then, I realized the truth. I was totally and completely grossed out.
This has gotten me to thinking about other things that gross me out.
- Drool. Drool is smelly. It is viscous and slimy. There is nothing good about drool.
- Dog poo. For some reason it doesn't bother me much outside. But, inside - especially when it has gone cold, I have to concentrate to not smell it or feel the temperature. Bleck!
- Oysters. I just imagine that raw oysters have the same texture as slugs. Maybe not as slimy, but can you imagine chomping into a slug?! Nasty.
- If you know me, you know that blood and guts don't bother me. However, throw some gritty, pasty food at me and make me eat it? I'm gone. Can't do it. I know hummus is good for you, so is grits for that matter. But, there has got to be a better way. That stuff is just nasty.
- I can't pluck hair off of other people's faces. It makes my stomach roll like nothing else can. And believe me, I have had ample opportunity to put myself to the test. There is something about being an old lady that makes it okay to ask people to pluck your chin(s.) I would rather blow 10 green, snotty noses than pluck 2 hairs from an old lady's chin.
Well, I will stop there. I figure if you have made it this far, you are made of very stern stuff. Either that or you are so bored that you will read anything. (I am guessing the latter is true.)
I just thought of another one:
Stepping on a snail - barefoot.
2 comments:
Hilarious!!!
I have one to add to your gross list. Adults who should be wearing depends and don't. I want to tell them to a least wear something dark so the rest of the Walmart shoppers are not exposed to the ever growing brown stain at the back of their pants.
I am sure you will have other gross things added to your list.
GAG!!!! Why did I keep reading when the very fist thing had me gagging???? Oh yeah it is because I needed a good laugh and I knew I would get one from you! Tammie you always make my day better.
Post a Comment