Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Bleck!

I don't have anything to say.

Nothing.


Still....Nothing.

Life is busy, some good, some bad. But, nothing horrible.

Just kinda Blah.

Ever have a bad day and just about everyone around you was having a bad day too? Yeah, been there done that.

Want to hear a funny story about life with kids?


There was this lady that had a teen son with high level autism.
One day, she received a phone call from him while she was at work.
"Mom, a leprechaun came to the house."
"A leprechaun?"
"Yeah, a leprechaun. I locked him in the closet."
"What are you talking about? You locked someone in the closet? Are you okay? Did you watch this on TV? What happened?"
"I told you. A leprechaun came to the house and I locked him in the closet."
Since she was obviously, not getting anywhere, and fearing the worse, she decided she had better go home.
She left work and rushed home.
When she opened the door, her son was bent over steadily pushing M&M's under the closet door. She watched as he pushed several M&M's thru the little space.
She finally had to ask, "What are you doing, son?"
"I'm feeding the leprechaun."
When she opened door, she found a census bureau worker huddled in the corner. He was just a little freaked out. Poor guy just happened to be a little person. He, also, happened to be wearing green.
True Story!
That is why I loved working with kiddos with autism. Sometimes, I miss it. I was telling a co-worker about it when he told me this true story. I just had to laugh. I could see so many of my students doing something like this. I, also, can't help but wonder if the census worker called the police.

1 comment:

Alisa said...

How funny!! Sometimes, I just miss working with kids.