We are here! I'm sitting here listening to horns honking, the subway rumbling, and a few sirens. And I got to say, it is nice.
We were exhausted by the time we got to the apartment. I don't know about everyone else, but flying wears me OUT! There is something about the constant noise and vibration that just drains me. Add to this the fact the it is impossible to get comfortable in coach, and I don't have a chance.
We were pretty lucky that we only had an hour delay in Chicago. Unfortunately, we were on the plane, already, when they announced the delay. So, since the plane was only half full, we all spread out and got comfortable. Did you know that even with three seats to yourself, it is HARD to get comfortable on a plane? The problem is the arm rest next to the window. I was all ready to lounge. I crossed my legs up on the extra two seats. I grabbed a book, Had my drink handy, and leaned against the window. That's when the airlines evil plot was exposed. The arm rest is the only arm rest that will not raise. So, it sits there and jabs you in the back.(Evil laughing of the airlines is heard in the background.)
After we got to Newark, yes Newark, we kinda figured out the NJTransit system and headed to Penn Station. How many people know that there are Two Penn Stations? One in Newark and One in NYC. Well, we didn't, but we were saved by a guy that was looking for the Newark Penn Station. People couldn't believe he wanted to get off there and were trying to stop him. He finally got off. I hope he made it to his destination. He looked about as lost as we felt.
Once we got to Penn Station, we had to find Adam. He had arrived about an hour before we did and was waiting for us at Madison Square Gardens. We managed to drag our suitcases among the rush hour commuters. (Oh! Did I forget to mention it was rush hour when we arrived? Yes in deedee! We know how to time an arrival!) We finally found him - after only being cussed at once within our hearing.
What came next was what sent me to an early bedtime and take out Chinese. We took the Subway. Why? Oh, Why, did we do that. We had 4 people and 3 BIG bags with us. What were we thinking? First, there are a ton of stairs going into and out of the subway. Trying to navigate these stairs with big bags, while surrounding by rushing people, is nuts! (Frankly just trying to bring big bags up and down stairs in nuts without all the people.) Then the absolute worse is the turn styles. They are not made for people with luggage. The turn styles is what finally brought Jesse to cussing and me to my knees. No more on the subway. It is exhausting me just to think about it.
We dragged our luggage up the last set of stairs and up the hill to our apartment. Where we entered Sanctuary. It is just lovely! No tiny bit of false advertising here. This is a wonderful oasis. Jim and Matthew are very thoughtful and generous. The apartment is just what I hoped it would be. Yipee!
We did absolutely nothing last night. Well, I lie. We did walk half a block to order take out Chinese, but that is all. We were all too tired to do anything. OR so I thought.
Apparently, we didn't take into account the Jazz Pub next to the take out place. Jesse decided that he HAD to check it out. So while the rest of us went to bed, he was listening to a Japanese lady sing Bob Maple, Japanese Folk songs, Roberta Flack, Bob Dylan, and Loretta Lynn. I think he crawled home sometime about one am.
I've got to go and get ready for the day! Pictures to come tonight!
No comments:
Post a Comment