Sunday, April 4, 2010

Bluebonnets - It's Tradition!

Amber and I thought it was about time that Hayden had his first bluebonnet picture. Jerry was not as thrilled with the idea. For some reason, he didn't see the importance of taking a picture with a bunch of blue weeds. However, once Amber explained that it is tradition, he went along with the idea. I would have pointed out that this is Texas and every child, practically by law, has to have his/her picture taken in bluebonnets - preferable on the side of the road - with traffic roaring by - and at least one ant bite to make the moment memorable. But, I didn't need to point out this bit of info, since Jerry is one of the most easy going guys on earth.






However, no one filled Hayden in on the importance of bluebonnet pictures. It seems that, when it comes to those blue weeds, he tends to lean toward his daddy's way of thinking. So, this is what happens when you try to take a picture - for posterity I might add - of a little boy who would rather do anything besides sit in a bunch of flowers. Gotta hand it to Jerry. He did everything he could to get the kiddo to cooperate.








Just so we could prove that we tried to take one of the MOST important pictures of childhood, I took this picture of his shoe. See the little blue dots in the background? Yeah, those are the bluebonnets. Or should I say, blurbonnets? (The picture looks all nice and calm, doesn't it? Little do you know that he is screaming bloody murder at the humiliation of it all.) Well, maybe next year.





Thanks to all the rain we have had this year, we have a nice, big patch of bluebonnets behind the house. I took a couple of quick pictures of them - without the kid.

3 comments:

Alisa said...

I went backroading today and took all kinds of pics (FB only has 42 of the 200 I took). Anyway, you should have seen all the families taking pics of their kids in the bluebonnets. It was almost comical. Perhaps next year will be better for you.

tpot said...

Beautiful! I love the single picture at the bottom. Maybe we can come take some pictures in your bluebonnets.

Gema said...

Well, I applaud your attempt for the photos. I do seem to remember that it does not get much better as they age....It just plain takes some bribery of some sort. I am happy for you that you have your own bluebonnet patch. We have more paintbrushes than bluebonnets but it sure is a pretty spring. I did manage to take some cute ones of Ariel in the flowers but had to agree to let her "pose". Oh, the lengths we go to for tradition and memories!