This all occurred in a 5 minute time span as we were eating lunch. I must admit, she was in a particularly foul mood today. But it did not make for a fun lunch. :
"Tammie, you need to tell Jesse that he only needs one coffee pot. He can put the other away, now."
(She had gotten Jesse a new coffee pot for father's day. Since it didn't come with instructions (cause she got a deal,) He still doesn't know exactly how it works. He's keeping the other one as a back up.)
"Your lambs ears a looking a little droopy, dear."
(They were fine not an hour before. Why did they have to droop when she was over?)
"I thought you said you made muffins. These look like cookies."
(She grabbed the wrong thing out of the container. The 'cookies' were muffin tops.)
"You sure there is BBQ paint? I've never heard of it. WE used a black polish on our BBQ."
"I'm not going to the Family Weekend. I am always sick around those people and I'm just not going to do it again. My knee is bothering me, again. I just don't know what I am going to do."
(The doctor has told her she needs a knee replacement. She thinks otherwise.)
"I'm going to stay here and take care of the dogs. That way they don't need to stay in a nasty kennel."
Translation : I think I should be able to bring Pepe, cause he isn't really a dog. My dog shouldn't have to stay in a kennel. And I know you won't let me sneak him in.
Sorry about this. I just needed to vent a bit. I hate that she comes over here spilling her venom and making everyone feel bad. And it is all because she will not do anything. She is bored. She sits in her house all day waiting for someone to come see her. When they don't, she gets hurt and angry. Of course, she doesn't go see anyone. Nor, has she volunteered anywhere or joined a group that would open up her social calendar some. She wants us to fill in the gaps. She is annoyed when I come in late from work. It is almost like she thinks I am cheating on her or something. We suggest things and she shoots them down practically before they are out of our mouths. It is frustrating. I know she would enjoy doing something, but she just won't do it. UGH!
2 comments:
Ah, man. I'm sorry it's so tough.
Just don't forget to breathe. In with the good, out with the vile. And as crazy as it sounds, it's not YOU or JESS... Tammie, she's just wired this way. She'd be just as grumpy and bitter with ANYONE. You're doing a GREAT job in an impossible situation. Jesus knows your heart, and understands your frustration. Just don't forget to breathe. (And yes, I'm aware that I said it twice... it's important.)
Post a Comment