I did a really stupid thing last night. My only defense is that I couldn't go to sleep. Try as I might, it just wasn't happening. Sooooo, I decided to push the little tab at the top of every one's blog that says NEXT BLOG.
I have done this before and have seen some pretty neat pictures with titles I couldn't even begin to decipher. I occasionally get to read about someone dealing with everyday life, just like me, but half way across the country. I think it is kinda neat to remind yourself that the world really is a small enough place that people from many other countries use the same blog server as you. Kinda cool, huh?
Well, last night I received a pop up that I have never seen on Blogger before. It said something like: Warning. The following blog has content of an adult nature and may not be suitable for all ages.
In my sleep deprived stupor, I thought, "Oh. It must be artsy photos of nudes or something like that. I'm OK with art nudes - for the most part. Besides it can't be that bad."
How does that old country song go?
"Famous Last Words of a Fool"
Yep. I think that about describes it.
Lets just say there was absolutely no, nada, nein, zero, zip, nil amount of art in this blog. It was some porn pictures mixed in with a few pictures of a hamster on a wheel and kids playing kick ball. Now, maybe that is art. Maybe it means something to that blogger that just eludes me. Maybe the hamster is showing the futility of taking pornographic pictures? The kids are suggesting a better way to spend your time? The words were french or something. So, I didn't even have that to give me a clue. Frankly, I just don't know why all that was important to the blogger. All I know is this: If You EVER see that warning or a similar warning, take heed. They aren't kidding. I know I'm not ever going to be in a state of mind where that kind of stuff is suitable for me to see. Forget about my age. I just don't understand that kind of stuff and I don't think, at 41, I ever will. It just boggles and dirties my mind. Ugh.
I quickly went back to the blog about the family with a little girl going to Disney World as a Make a Wish recipient. These kind of people I can understand. Even in their heartbreak over their child, they were rejoicing in the gifts people had bestowed upon them. This blog (and a bit of prayer) made me feel good about the world again. This woman and her family are the kinds of people I usually see on blogger. Thank Goodness!
I'm not saying to keep away from unknown blogs. I'm just warning you to not be stupid like me and ignore the warning sign. Stop! Turn Around! and Try another blog or your eyes could melt in your head and your brain will turn into green, slimy slush.
This has been an announcement of the Prevent Late Night Blog Reading Council. If you or someone you know has read inappropriate blogs late at night, please stop immediately. Turn off your computer when you are tired. Observe any warning signs that may appear. Go to bed at a decent hour, even if it means taking Ambien. Remember : Only YOU can prevent late night blog reading.
*If you do all of the above and still stumble upon an offensive blog, please take time to pray for the blogger. We may not know where their heart is, but God does.
2 comments:
I too have fallen victim to the next blog button. However my site didn't even come with a warning. I was scarred.
Perhaps a better use of your time would be posting a few pics from your new camera???!!! :) Do you love it? Or is it still scaring you?
Thanks for the warning! How's your camera? I'm ready to see some fancy pictures!
Post a Comment