Sunday, May 3, 2009

Fisherhead's 2nd Annual Goodbye Taks Fish Fry

It's that time of year again.
That's right. Believe it or not!
It's time to fill the deep, black hole in the center of your brain
left from hours of administering the TAKS test
with lots of fried fish, potato salad, creamed corn,
and other goodies too numerous to mention.

Fisherhead is always the head cooker of crispy, tasty catfish.

This year, he got some help from Jim.
Jim probably saved 1/2 of the fish from burning
as Fisherhead kept getting distracted


See what I mean?
Back to the Fryer Cutie!


We didn't suffer from a lack of variety when it came
to sides and desserts.



Doesn't it look delicious?!
Let me tell ya-
There are some GOOD cooks at that there school.


They filled two tables with the goodies they brought.




People were everywhere.






Yes. I'm taking your picture.
Don't worry. You look Fabulous!





I'm taking your picture too!






These guys are either arguing politics
or the best way to make gumbo.


These are all the lucky people who share a hall
(and love of history)
with Fisherhead.


Welcome to our used car lot.
Looks like Fort Fisher took up some of our parking spaces.
Since there were plenty of designated drivers, people were actually able to get out of this mess without bumping into each other.



2 comments:

tpot said...

Wow. I missed reading your blog! I think next year I'll pretend to be a school teacher. "Yeah, don't you remember me? I'm the new teacher, just down the hall. I guess you don't see me much. I help with the really bad kids in the school. They like to keep them separate. Now, can I have my fish?"

Molly cracks me up, but I CANNOT imagine how mad you were at her! This is something Micah always wants to do, but I know she would do the exact same thing! @!$#@!

tpot said...

I wasn't trying to make you feel guilty for not inviting us I'm sure we'd fit in like a sore thumb! I was totally teasing about coming next year..well, a little. :)