I took a walk around the yard today.
It was that wonderful time of day when everything looks lovely and fresh.
The heat of the day had started to wane and the sun's light had a wonderful golden glow.
I'm so glad that I decided to bring my camera outside with me
because I got bitten by the photo bug real quick.
What was fun for me might be....
Shall we say...
Overboard for anyone deciding to wade through them all.
So, I promise (cross my heart and hope to eat cauliflower) that I
will not hold it against you if you decide there is something
more pressing that needs to be done...
Like bathing the dog...
Picking burrs out of your kids socks...
cleaning the oven...
or...
shaving your legs.
I just love this color.
It doesn't seem to be affected by the heat.
It always look cool even under the suns intense glare.
(See - Short and sweet. Don't get too used to it though.)
One of my fragile four-o-clocks.
I love this plant. It is hardy as all get out.
No matter what, it comes back every year without fail.
If you don't have one, I highly suggest getting one.
To prove how hardy it is, I'll let you know how I got it.
I dug it up from the yard in Marble Falls.
I even broke the long tapered root. It didn't seem to mind.
At least it hasn't had it's lawyer contact me for assault and battery.
Mandevilla is another favorite of mine.
Keep this guy watered and it will grow and bloom all summer long.
I love this plant. It is hardy as all get out.
No matter what, it comes back every year without fail.
If you don't have one, I highly suggest getting one.
To prove how hardy it is, I'll let you know how I got it.
I dug it up from the yard in Marble Falls.
I even broke the long tapered root. It didn't seem to mind.
At least it hasn't had it's lawyer contact me for assault and battery.
Keep this guy watered and it will grow and bloom all summer long.
The wildflower seeds have not only grown, but are starting to bloom!
First the cosmos, then ?. There are tons of plants out there.
Cosmos is the only one I can identify.
On to the vegetable garden.....
I had accidentally broken the top of the plant when I carried it and several other veggies out to the garden to be transplanted. All that was left was a stem. Just a stick in the ground...
I decided to go ahead and plant anyway. Nothing like being optimistic...
It is now a regular looking tomato plant. I had to pull the leaves back in order to find where it had broken. Pretty cool. Huh?
Well, hold onto your hats....
I just hate throwing parts of plants away. I figure they should at least get a chance to live.
(That's probably why I have so many aloe vera plants and can't help buying plants off of the clearance rack.)
So, since I had some ice plant cuttings in water, I wished it luck and stuck it in with them.
I figured I would throw it's shriveled little dead self into the trash in the morning.
Well, I life intervened and I forgot about it.
Well, I life intervened and I forgot about it.
Two weeks later, I remembered.
Not only was it un-shriveled and definitely not dead, it had big ol' roots!
It was going gang busters!
Can you believe it?
Can you believe it?
It is doing pretty good.
It is even starting to grow news leaves.
And....
And....
What do you think?
Is there anything cuter than baby tomatoes?
The black eye peas are looking OK.
The beans are starting to climb.
My little heart beats a little faster every time I see it.
Yep, it does. Maybe I can enter it into some county fair or something.
It is hard to tell from this picture, but it is only one to one and a half inches wide.
Weird, huh?
Maybe I need to water more than the rest of the garden?
Any suggestions?
I'm so proud.
Everything seems to be fine.
They seem to have a problem.
but do you think anything else could be a problem?
I'm stumped.
Any ideas?
Stay tuned for my next entry.
Stay tuned for my next entry.
I'm thinking of letting Molly tell everyone what she was doing
while I was watering and taking tons of pictures.
Here's a hint: It's not pretty.
2 comments:
I love your plants! They look great. Don't know much about what eats plants except worms and such. Look under the leaves for tiny green worms clinging to the leaves. If you see them, you get to act tough and smush them. My onions look the same, very dreary. Maybe it is too hot for them. I think we should try them again in the fall.
Wow o Wow! I am so impressed. Now I am kinda glad you didn't come see my garden on Sunday. Yours is way better. And a fig already on that little fig tree? Amazing!
I must admit I share your rescue passion in not wanting to throw away plants if there is any chance of survival. I had some pepper plants that I thought were goners but they came back, too. My garden is doing really pretty well. As for the peas---bad luck here, too, I think it is TOO HOT even if you pour the water to them they cannot take our Texas heat. I will try to get them out much earlier next spring as they can take the cold somewhat. Don's garden is doing great too--so weird to see stuff growing out of gravel but it looks good. I still have baby plants in my nursery I cannot bear to let die. Thinking of putting them on freecycle.
Sure was good seeing you Sunday. I want some of your Four O Clocks. I try every year to grow some from seed with no luck at all.
Post a Comment