There has been a nasty bug going around the NH these last couple of weeks. It seems to be a stomach virus that strikes quickly and with force! The first day it hit, I smelled it before I heard about it. Scary! (The NH where I work is super clean and never, never smells. The cleaning ladies are fantastic and not a drop of dirt or grime get by them. So, for there to be an odor anywhere in the facility is an unheard of catastrophe.)
So far, at least 5 of my patients have come down with the Vom-poop virus. About 10 employees have managed to get it. Suddenly, I feel like I am dodging sniper bullets in the form of virus germs. I'm constantly washing hands, which I already do a lot. I'm holding my breath when talking to 'suspicious looking' patients. And I am not seeing anyone even hinting at still being sick. I'm constantly wondering who touched this thing before me? I'm such a wimp!
The problem is that... Well.... I hate... just hate..... to vomit. I don't mind the other so much. Though it is nasty, too. However, there is something just wrong with throwing up. That's not the direction it is supposed to go. At least, diarrhea is going in the correct direction! Things are supposed to go down the throat. Not up it! It's just sooo very wrong. Plus, there's that nasty pre-upchuck feeling. Nothing. And I mean Nothing - is nastier and more horrible than that.
Now that I have sent you all running and gagging from the computer, I guess I will quit elaborating on my week. Though writing this has made me think of all the different ways to say vomit. Uhmm... there's Lost Your Lunch....... Barf........ Blow Chunks (Not my favorite).... Got the Green Bowl Syndrome..... Toss Your Cookies......
No comments:
Post a Comment