This was her 70+ birthday (I'll never tell) and we had a good time celebrating it. Jesse grilled some great steaks. Jennifer made some yummy deviled eggs. Beth and Nick out did themselves with a creamed spinach that I even liked. (Yes, I ate spinach with a satisfied, "Uhmmm. That's good!") She, also, made some of the biggest twice baked potatoes I have ever seen. Anna and her 'friend' Quincy - as Mrs. Ruby calls him - made two beautiful salads; one with avocado and one without. (Just for me. Tee Hee.) Plus, they remembered that you have to bread with steak and brought some rolls. Oh, and I made a black bean and corn salad that I am fond of eating with steak.
Following dinner we had German chocolate cake that the girl's mom, Janet, very graciously baked for this gluttonous horde. We made Mrs. Ruby blow out her candles and toasted her with sparkling apple-grape juice.
Did I mention that we are a bit gluttonous?!
It was nice to sit around and reminisce and talk about people we all know - or some of us know. It was even fun cleaning up. (It's always more fun to clean up with lots of help.)
Then we all waddled outside to talk, give Beth and Nick's dog, Luby, her birthday cake - Uhm... Don't ask. I'm worried Beth is turning into one of those crazy dog people, but then there are worse things to go crazy over.
All in all it was a very nice day.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MRS. RUBY!
3 comments:
I love the pictures! I'm so glad we got to be a part of that smile.
That's awesome! She's such a sweet lady. I always love getting to chat with her.
This sounded like a wonderful day and a great celebration of a great lady. I know she can be a pain but I have to admit I do enjoy talking with her and she always seems interested in all of us. What yummy food you described! I am so glad all of you have a fun time and I love both of the photos.
Post a Comment