I know it is hard to understand, but I have been putting off writing this blog.
Why?
Because, I have no way to describe the way I feel and what God did for me and so many others at the Emmaus Walk.
'It' was just what I needed. 'It' has changed my life. 'It' has set me free of a burden I carried for years. 'It' has put so much on my heart. 'It' has brought joy immeasurable to my life. 'It' used this walk and the people who organized and served in it to show me His love. What is 'It'? 'It' is God and his mercy, love, grace, and forgiveness. 'It' is the love and sacrifice of Jesus Christ. 'It' is the Holy Spirit working in our lives everyday. 'It' is hard to write about but must be known to appreciate.
God showed me this last weekend that He loved me. Yes, I knew that in my head. But, this weekend He made sure I could feel it in my heart and in the deepest, hidden areas of my soul.
I know it is probably sad to many of you that I haven't always felt
His total unconditional love. But, haven't you wondered just a little if God was willing to forgive you for EVERY sin or wrong doing you've committed? Have you ever figured that even though He did forgive you, there was no way He would want the same relationship you had before. OR any relationship at all. Have you said to yourself, "He promised to forgive me and He keeps his promises. BUT...."
That is just where I was. I will admit it. I knew God loved me and forgave me, BUT..... I was ashamed. I did not feel able to accept His forgiveness. I couldn't accept the grace He was trying to give me. I was like a little kid that couldn't look her parent in the face while she admitted her sin. Therefore, I couldn't see the love and grace and forgiveness in His face. I wouldn't let myself see those things though they were there. I didn't deserve it.
I still don't deserve it. However, during this walk, I finally looked at what God was offering me. Finally. Praise His Name!
Now, not everyone got what I got from this walk. God was there and gave each person exactly what she needed. It was truly miraculous. I watched God change lives this weekend. I watched God save a lady that had been going thru the motions of church for years. I saw God heal broken hearts. I saw Him open hearts to ministry. I saw Him in the eyes of volunteers and felt Him in the prayers of others that I did not see. I got to see a tiny bit of heaven through His ability to love us thru His children. I am trying to explain the unexplainable.
I guess all I can really say is this: If you get the chance to go, DO IT! If you want to go, let me or someone else know. I will be glad to sponsor anyone who wants to go. However, I am trying really hard not to ram it down people's throats. So, I will stop this paragraph right here. Wink Wink!
2 comments:
Yeah God! I love you Tammie Fisher.
God is just so good. Just so ready to show us his love. Thank you for sharing this amazing weekend. I am so thrilled for you and so thankful to God for his love and grace and EVERYTHING he is.
God, thank you for touching Tammie.
Tammie, you are indeed loved by God and by me, and by many others.
Post a Comment