Just a final surgery update.
The doctor says I'm fit as a fiddle. Well, except for some lingering anemia, that is. She was very happy that I have lost pounds since the surgery. She said my color and appearance was better too. Yippee!
I have been feeling pretty darn good. It is so nice to have energy; not only at work, but at home too. This surgery has definitely been a God given blessing. Everything, from finding my doctor to being able to ride my bike, has had His fingerprints on it. I couldn't have even begun to imagine how much my female organ was hindering my life. It makes me wonder how long this has been sneaking up on me; making my life a little bit worse each month. (I really thought I was going crazy there at the end.)
I'm so glad that God was behind this. I don't know how many doctors 'poo pooed' my heavy periods and cramping as "Just the way it is for some people." I 'poo pooed' too. I have had tough cycles all my life. Unfortunately, I couldn't know that it was effecting more than just a week at a time. So when it had taken over my life, He sent me to the right place and person - just when I needed it the most.
I am taking iron for my anemia. That, plus some B12 everyday, should help me get my stamina back. Dr. Ikbal said it takes 120 days for your body to replace blood cells. Isn't that amazing? So, I have 2 more months before I will be at top of my 'blood count' game. I can't wait to see how that feels.
I would recommend Dr. Ikbal to anyone. From prenatal care to yearly exams, she is my pick. She really made this whole thing go as smoothly as possible.
Thanks to you all for letting me whine when I needed it.
Thank you, Lord for being my protector and counselor. I am overwhelmed with gratitude. You continue to amaze me with your love and grace. Thank you for giving my body, my mind, and my life back to me.
1 comment:
So glad you are feeling better. I will pray for you that the anemia issue gets worked out soon.
Post a Comment