Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Great Church Search

Searching tor a church home just stinks. Why is it so hard?! It is just so incredibly uncomfortable to enter a church that you know nothing about. Is this the one? Or, is it another flop?

We went to Micah and Tania's church and really liked it a lot. Unfortunately, we really feel like we need to be in a church closer to home. It is important to us both to be active in what the church has going on. So, the search continues.

We tried a nice church today. But, it is hard to make a decision based on one visit; especially when the pastor didn't preach today. (What luck!) So, we are going to try it again as soon as possible. (I think I have to work next Sunday.)

Please pray for us and our Great Church Search. I know He has a place he wants us to fill. Thanks in advance!

1 comment:

tpot said...

I'm so glad your walk went so wonderfully! Praise the Lord at all that He did. This is something only the work of the Holy Spirit can do, and He does it all in His time, not in our timeframe. I assure you that you are not alone. It took me about 5 years to come to that place, too. He is so patient to wait while the layers get peeled back. And for me it could not have happened one day sooner.
I will be praying about your church home, too. I'm glad you liked Grace, but I know it is not for everyone. I remember that horrible feeling of church shopping. I knew only one family at ours and I felt so alone, so exposed. But in time God will help you find the right place and it will become comfortable.