So, I thought I would write down some of the things I wish I could do or have in order to give my brain an outlet. (Maybe it will shut down and rest for a while.) Here goes!
My Wish List
- I'd love to have a screen door for my front door, so I can feel the breeze coming in without letting in all the buggies.
- I want to paint my bathroom. The dirt/mauve color scheme is past it's prime.
- I'd love to ride my bike. Say - about 10-15 miles a day.
- I want some book shelves for the computer nook.
- I need to decorate and paint both guest rooms.
- I wish my plants would stop dying.
- I would be ecstatic with a digital SLR camera - Pentax 20D to be exact. That way I can use the lenses I already have.
- I wish Molly would stop grabbing every piece of clothing that happens to be within reach.
- I wish I could turn the sunroom into the cool crafting/relaxing room of my dreams.
- I wish I could paint or sculpt or do something truly artsy. (Hey! This is my WISH list)
- I wish I could figure out what to plant on the west side of my house that can take a lot of shade, will bloom, and is pretty easy to deal with.
- I'd love to be able to memorize scripture and where it came from.
- I have a dream to enter food contests, but don't have any original recipes.
- I wish my pictures and photos would just miraculously put themselves into an album. Where are those little shoe elves when you need them?
- I wish I could find a summer cover for my bed that I liked.
- I need to find some rugs for inside the house - next to the doors. But I hate rugs.
- I wish I could enjoy Mrs. Ruby popping over and telling me : a) she has made us all dinner b) that there is so much that needs to be done at my house or... c) that I should be rested since I stayed home and just piddled around outside for a few hours this morning.
- I wish I could remember to put batteries in my clocks.
- I wish I could buy whatever I wanted - without worry or budget - at Hobby Lobby.
- I wish my pictures would stay level, instead of always slipping to one side or the other.
I'll stop there. But, do you see what I'm talking about? My brain is a menace.
2 comments:
There were like a dozen of those at least that I went, "Oh, yeah! Me too!"
You should start with your craft room. I've been amazed at what else I've gotten done since i have my "creative haven". Really. And I did it all pretty cheaply. I know you can too!
If and when you decide to get your camera, I highly suggest you search BHphoto.com. They have great prices and EVERYTHING you can imagine.
YOu're on your own with the plants.
create your own version of tortilla soup. That always was good. You'll win something for sure!
And I have no help for hobby lobby. I get almost depressed when in that store. It makes me want to disregard any negative things i've heard about credit card debt and just buy the set of 48 pastels because they're just so cool!
OK--Your brain is perfectly normal because I do the same thing and we all know how normal I am. I get this way when I have been away from home for awhile--same thing as you are trapped at home but unable to do the things you want. I got home and have a two page list of things I want to accomplish--but I must admit they are not as work intensive as yours. I am happy just to get a room organized and de-cluttered--forget the painting (although that does get to thinking....). I just HAVE to write all these thoughts down or I think my head will explode. At least if they are on paper I get a sense of peace and control.
It's almost winter (the calendar says so even if it does not feel like it) so your plants would soon freeze anyway so yours have just met their fate earlier. This was just too hot a summer--next spring will be a whole new year and your green thumb will be back in its prime.
And your new camera will give you a wonderful outlet for your creativity. And where would we be without hopes and dreams....I say dream on and write it all down. I love lists.
Post a Comment