I finally talked to Jess about the Capitol 10k. Like a lot of hubbies, he doesn't read any one's blog but mine. (Frankly, I think he just reads mine out of self defense.) Anyway, he was excited to hear about the walk. So, it looks like he and I will be walking with a few others not willing/able to run for that distance. We haven't signed up yet, but will at the end of the month. Yea!
Another 'bout time thing that happened to me was that I went to the gym. No snickering or fainting! I actually went and rode a bike for 60 minutes. I figure since there are no real hills, it wouldn't be too much for my sensitive area. I was pleasantly surprised with my stamina and lack of significant soreness is said area. OK. I was a little wobbly legged when I got off, but I expected that. After a year and a half, nobody should expect to get off without a little stiffness or wobble. (At least that is what I am telling myself. And I like the denial.)
Will I be ready for 35 miles by the end of November? I don't know. But I feel better knowing I don't have to wait another 2 weeks before starting to get in shape for the Turkey Roll in Denton. I know I can decide to do the 20 mile route, but I would really like to be able to do more. For now, that is my unrealistic goal that I am pretending is realistic. Anybody want to join me? Jennifer is graciously offering to ride with me - even though I will more than likely slow her down. We would welcome anyone who would like to come! T.L. - tell Micah that he is welcome, if he still wants to get on a bike after the Lance Armstrong ride. Tee Hee. (I am so excited for him, I can't stand it. That is an amazing ride and experience. I'm completely green with envy! Go Micah!)
1 comment:
Thanks, T, for the encouragement for M. I know he is super excited. Someone on his team, their strongest rider I think came down with pneumonia this week. Golly.
Post a Comment