I have two days of work under my belt. And I can feel every step - under my belt. Ha Ha!
No really. I am so happy to be back to a regular-ish schedule that I could pinch myself. It was so nice to see all my old lady's and gent's. They were so happy to see me. I think even some of the patients with dementia remembered me. Or maybe they just didn't realize I was gone. Whatever! I'm just so excited.
They have all been so sweet. They keep reminding me to take it easy and not do too much. One gentleman didn't want me to go get him some juice - even though he was eating popcorn - because he thought it would be too much walking for me. How did I get so blessed to work with/for such good people?
My co-workers have been incredibly helpful. They bring people up the little hill we have to climb to get to the rehab room and then take them back down. I know this is a pain, because they have to stop what they are doing to transport my people. I hope they realize how much I appreciate it. And people wonder why I like working there.
I must admit, I am pooped out when I get home. But, for the first time in two weeks, I was able to sleep through the night. It felt great. I think I just needed to do something in order for my body and brain to relax. I thank God that the worst is behind me and I can look forward to feeling better.
1 comment:
Yeah for work! I am so glad you are starting to feel better. What a relief!
Yes, I do think Hayden looks like you did, but I think you are both dern cute! ANd you look so grown up in your little picture. That thick, curly hair and that beautiful face. You look so much like yourself, just shrunk down and extremely pinchably cute and chubbier.
Also, I love your post about showering. That was a hoot.
Post a Comment