Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Must See Movies

I have a few movies that when ever I see them on TV, I have to watch for at least 15 minutes. I thought it would be neat if we all posted our favorites.
So here are mine. Just about all of them are odd, or silly, or just plain dumb. Don't ask me why I am drawn to them. They are my favorites. I humbly (with slight cringing) say so in public.


  1. Overboard with Goldie Hawn - I know - Bad Eighties movie with real bad hair and clothes. But I love it!
  2. Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. - Jess continually tells me how horrible this movie is, but I just think it is a must see for every female in the country.
  3. Any Andy Hardy Movie - He has such wonderful boyish charm. Have you ever seen him as a mentally retarded older adult? I can't remember the name of the movie, but it was great.
  4. Field of Dreams - The ultimate - if you believe in something, it will happen- movie.
  5. Mask with Cher - Can't watch this one without a box of Kleenex.
  6. The Bob Hope and Bing Cosby movies - They are silly, dated, and loads of fun. It is a little embarrassing to admit I like them.
  7. The Stand - This is a Stephen King movie. There are actually two of them out there. The one with Rob Lowe is the best one. It was made for TV and I think it is in 4 parts. It is along the lines of Frank Peretti books. A little scary because it deals with a demon and those chosen by God to get rid of him. Oh, and then it is still Stephen King.
  8. The Notebook - Cry your heart out baby! This is not one to watch when you are out of Kleenex and feeling low already.
  9. Ann of Green Gables- What is it about this movie? It is just great. It helps a lot that it brings back memories of sitting around with the girls and watching this one for hours!
  10. Ma and Pa Kettle movies - I think these are even more embarrassing than the Bob Hope ones. They are so fun and remind me of being a kid. I watched these movies every Saturday morning after the cartoons were over.
  11. Hell Boy - A demon turned nice that saves the world. He has to grind down his horns everyday. He's a grouchy Archie Bunker type of guy in love with a girl that can start fires at will. Beki hates it!

That's about all I can think of right now. Maybe I'll think of more later. What movies do you love?

No comments: