Sunday, June 8, 2008

Little Things on My Mind

  1. I love our little pool. It only comes up to your chin when you sit down in it, but it is so refreshing. I love floating in it and reading a book. The ultimate decadence is to swim at night, under the moon and stars. It seems almost naughty. As if I'm supposed to be in bed or something. Don't tell Mom!
  2. I haven't killed any more plants, but I found one on the verge of death. I watered it just in time. Is that some form of plant torture?! I'm beginning to scare myself.
  3. I found a swimsuit that I can live with. I'm not madly in love with it, but I don't think anyone will get sick seeing me in it. I'm thinking of starting a petition to bring back the full body swimsuits that were popular in the 1920's.
  4. Am I the only one that hates the bikini area? Shaving I mean?
  5. I love the sound of the insects in the trees at night.
  6. I have a bird nest in the hanging plant next to my front door. Only one of the eggs hatched. It is incredible how much the little guy eats. The parents are constantly feeding it bugs and spiders. I'm thinking of naming it Hayden 2.
  7. What is the name of the bird that lays eggs in other birds nests? When the egg hatches, the baby bird pushes the parents real eggs out. The unknowing parents end up raising the impostor. Sound familiar to anyone? I'm wondering if my little baby bird is one of these impostor babies. There were 3 little eggs that did not hatch and were gone the next day. This little bird is growing fast! It is already as large as the parents and it doesn't have all of it's feathers yet.
  8. This one might be a bit depressing. I just need to write it out so I can move on. You've been given fair warning to skip to number 9. Deedee, a hundred year old resident passed away this week. She told me a couple of times that she would not see 101. She was pretty healthy for her age and I couldn't see any reason for her not to make it to her birthday in September. Unfortunately, she was right, I was wrong. She was a neat lady that had a lot of fun and interesting stories to tell. I will miss her tons. Say Hi! to the Lord for me, Deedee!
  9. Jesse washed my car by hand today. What a great Hubby! He even towel dried it. He's so sweet.
  10. My friend Jenny gave us a full size bed for our guest room. So now, couples can stay with us and not have to share a twin bed. Ha Ha! Who knows, that twin bed might have helped enlarge a family.Tee Hee.
  11. I dusted, swept and cleaned today without sneezing my head off. Yipee! I can even breathe normally. It's a miracle.
  12. Well, my brain feels empty now. So, I must not have anything more to say. Goodnight!

3 comments:

Kia said...

I'm with ya on #4. It's the worst! Did you know that Noxema makes little razors for that area? They sell them in the razor/shaving cream section. They work good on the underarm area...just in case you wanted to know

Gema said...

Hey-don't know if I am the "Mom" you were referring to about swimming at night but I am in total agreement with you. Check out my Summer favorites post and you will see. Its great, huh.
Loved this whole post.

Gema said...

Oh, and I think that bird is a cowbird. I used to have lots of them come to my feeders. I don't like them. They are mostly brown. They are just plain nasty, mean, rude birds. I finally stopped putting any birdseed out but sunflower seed cause I think they like milo (maize) and millet. I have not seen many of them lately.