Since I am a born and bred Texan, you would assume that I have been to the great State Fair of Texas not once, but many times.
I am here to confess, that I have never been there.
I was a State Fair virgin.
But no more!
I can now hold my head high, knowing that I have fulfilled one more step in my quest to be totally Texan.
I owe all of this to Fisherhead, who decided that it was time I experience the best fair in the country.
Then, he started looking around and noticed all the other Texas born people surrounding us and he decided to invite them too.
Finally, he looked at his Little Buddy, and said to himself, "I will not let my grandson grow up lacking in this essential area of being Texan."
Trekking through the crowds on our way to find fun!
So being ever obedient, I hunted it down, slathered it with mustard, and gobbled
it up. It was fantastic.
it up. It was fantastic.
However, the fried Texas Caviar- not so much.
The alligator meat wasn't bad.
But the country fried bacon was bad. Pretty darn bad. Very bad.
Amber and I looked for fired butter, but didn't find it.
Don't judge people.
Let those that have never eaten fried food throw the first hushpuppy.
But, he was just one of the things that caught our attention.
There was this bird that would take your money.
Why? You may ask, would anyone just hand over money to a bird?

Well, the look on your grandson's face is one reason.
That was one greedy bird.
So, we went to find less costly entertainment.
Why? You may ask, would anyone just hand over money to a bird?
Well, the look on your grandson's face is one reason.
And NO! I didn't join them.
Even though they begged, I decided to not show them up.
I'm sure it was the swords that had them spell bound.
"That sword in the middle looks really sharp."
"I bet it could cut through a brick and then slice through a tomato with no problem."
"Yep. Those are some nice swords."
"Dad, Can I have a sword?"
He was cute, but the dogs had all my attention.
I didn't notice all the muscles.
Though, who knew you could get such large guns from lifting dogs?
I really felt that I had to ride the ferris wheel.
It is a fair tradition. Right?
He was very brave and rode the ride with Mace and I, even though he hates heights.
I should rephrase that.
He HATES heights.
It was horrible to watch!
As they went round and round, faster and faster, this horribly, loud horn would blast.
You could feel it all the way to your bones.
Though if you saw how they drove, you would know that tame is a relative term.
(They were the only ones that got in trouble from the bumper car cops.)
Luckily, I don't have any pictures of this.
Let's just say that there was a lot of screaming, gnashing of teeth, and some bladder leakage.
3 comments:
Precious memories. Looks like y'all had lots of fun!
I love these pics. Made me feel I was experienciing fair, too. I am still a Texas State Fair virgin. Oh, well. Sounds like all of you had a blast. Love the picture of Big Tex and the one at the end of Hayden all pooped out. What a great weekend. Will you do it again?
Looks fun!!! I'm glad you finally got to go. I've never been ,but now I want to go.
Post a Comment