Thursday, October 21, 2010

Good News!

After post upon post of nothing but whining about my job, I am actually going to pass on some good news. In order to pass on this good news, I'm going to do a little bit of bragging. I might even do a little happy dancing. (Luckily for you, you can not see me as I wiggle - jiggle, wiggle - jiggle, and toss my arms in the air - all while singing, "I'm a rock star! I'm incredible! I'm a rock star! Oh yeah!)

The good news I received today, came in three pieces. And they came from three different sources. However, I received each piece from my dear friend, mentor and super boss lady, Joana. She was visiting my facility in the guise of mentor and boss lady. (We were able to squeeze in some just-friend-talk during lunch, which I always look forward to doing.) But, I'm getting off topic.

She was there to check things out, of course and help me with anything that might need handling. One of the things that she had to do was to meet the administrator of my building. This is where the first good news comes in to the day. He told her how much he liked what was happening with rehab and that he was very pleased. He said that he is very happy with the team and that he is no longer lactose intolerant due to the changes. Okay, maybe not that last one, but over all it seems that he is happy.

There were two other things that happened, along the same lines. I won't go into detail about it. I don't want to go all "braggy , braggy, brags-a-lot." Let's just say that I got some other compliments through out the day. Woohoo! "I'm awesome! I'm a Rock star!"

I guess you figured out that this has totally made my day. After all, I needed the kudos. I really, really NEEDED them. It is probably petty of me, to say that. Probably even pettier of me to brag about it all in this post. But I needed this. I have been feeling pretty overwhelmed, knocked down, and stressed. So, to hear that things are, at least, going in the right direction, is wonderful.

It is even better, that I know God sent me these blessings. I have been praying for some sign that I should continue to do this job. I have been wondering if it was all just too much for me. As disappointed as I would be, I have been contemplating if I should have stayed 'just a therapist.' Ugh! That sounds horrible! But, I have actually been wondering just that. I have been asking for someone to just say, 'Good job.'
But He knew I needed more. I, in my usual way, would have probably blown off a simple, 'Good job' as someone just being nice. So, he decided to give me just what I needed. A great big lap full of Good Job!!! It is hard to ignore or pass over something like that.

So as I bask in today's kudos, I am thankful for the awesome Lord who made sure that I got it.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

WAHOO!!! You're a ROCKSTAR! I'm so glad Jesus showed up for you just like that. We all need to know we're doin' well. We all need to hear "good job". Ain't it grand when He gives us even more than what we need?

Love you Fister. So very much.

Alisa said...

You are awesome. So glad they recognize that in you too!

Gema said...

I am so happy for you that you got the appreciation and respect you deserve. You have always been a rock star in my book--I am glad others finally realized it too. Way to go! I am jumpin for joy for you.