Saturday, April 4, 2009

What a Day

Today has been packed. Literally!

We started off, this morning, by moving Amber into her brand new home. It is so cute. I think she and Jerry will be very happy there. (I forgot my camera like a ding-a-ling, so I don't have a single picture.) They are both so excited, and I can't blame them. I, for one, am very proud and excited for them. They are a great pair.
As we were in the midst of carrying a load from the truck, I couldn't help thinking, "I hope that they realize that this will be THE easiest move they ever make. Every move, from now on, will take longer and involve LOTS more stuff. It is one of the Laws of Life." Let me tell ya, it was refreshing to move an entire family in less than 3 hours.

After a great lunch at Super Taco, I twisted Fisherhead's arm and dragged him to Sutherlands. They have some of the best plants in the area. I even managed to find the iris plants I have been looking for at every nursery I visit. 'Bout Time! I was somehow able to squeeze in a few more plants too. Imagine. Me finding more plants. I need a 12 step program.

After the plant hunt, we high tailed it to Julie's for a nice afternoon visit and a snuggle with my favorite (and only) grandson. This was a great two-fer, since Julie was babysitting for Amber. I got to see one of my best friends and spend time with Hayden. Win , win for me! To make it even better, Julie helped me dig up a little fig tree that had popped up under her enormous one. Then, she gave me some of her 'extra' tomato plants. (The woman has the same addiction I do. Maybe we can carpool to Planting Anonymous.)

We had to leave early to return the trailer we had rented for the 'big move.' So, we missed out on brisket, potato salad, and cake. However, we were pleasantly tired and happy with a great day. The only thing that could have made it better was if we were able to sneak in a family tournament of Mexican Train.

1 comment:

Gema said...

Hi-I am finally catching up on blogs and I love all your posts. Your writing is just so fun to read--very gifted. Love all your pictures, too. Wow--I thought I had lots of pregnant plants.....how did they all survive the freeze? I lost a few peppers and tomatoes but all in all did ok---we had a really heavy frost. Can't wait to come see it all for real. Sure enjoyed your company on Saturday--just too short a time.