If you have been wondering why there haven't been any new posts on Take a Bite, well....
It's because I haven't been cooking.
I am so embarrassed to say that.
It may seem old fashioned, but I like to think of myself as the family cook. When I don't cook, for whatever reason, I feel like I'm not pulling my weight. Besides, I truly believe that if I keep Fisherhead happy in the kitchen - with food - he'll forgive anything I may do.
The problem I am having is this: I'm not very hungry at night and neither is Fisherhead. So, not only am I getting home between 5-6, most nights, but there isn't any motivation to cook. We tend to just graze every night. We each get what we want and without any fuss. I have discovered that popcorn with Zaterains sprinkled on it is FABULOUS!!! Fisher, on the other hand can eat his weight in cheese and crackers. I can't believe he's not stopped up or something.
All of this leaves me with three problems: Guilt, No lunches for either of us, and nothing to post on Take a Bite.
We can (and have) tried the frozen entree thing for lunch. Let me tell ya, "It gets old fast. Very Fast!" There is nothing less exciting about pulling a frozen concoction out of a card board box and zapping it in the microwave. Only, heating one of the many choices of ramen noodles is able to give those frozen boxes of boredom a run for first place in the Pretend Lunch Hall of Fame.
I finally came up with, what I hope, is a decent solution to my problem. I'm cooking at least 2 meals on the weekend. The plan is to make big enough meals that we will have leftovers for lunches. If I plan it right, I could even end up with, at least, one post a week on Take a Bite. ( I know you have been in mourning for new recipes, but relief is on the way.) We'll see how long this lasts. I'm, also, hoping that when the veggies start producing, it will motivate me to bake, steam, grill, etc... every little baby vegetable in the garden. (That sounded a little gross, even to me.) I better stop before things get really nasty.
1 comment:
T-I love your garden!!!!!!!!!! Oh, I am so jealous. I wish mine was as big. But really, I should start small and work my way up. As it is now I am running around looking for every pot, pan, and bucket to cover and protect the little plants from the hail.
Well, it is truly beautiful and inspiring. I am sure you will feel motivated to go out there and take care of it b/c it is so lovely. May you find many days of peace and joy out there. And that sprinkler system is way cool. Don't let me garden know about it, or it will be jealous, too.
I'm glad you decided to try the squares. I hope you like them, but I am anxious to hear what you think about it. Love the windmill pic.
I have a recipe for 9 day pickles from my grandmother (sweet). I also have a recipe for bread & butter that Don & Mom like. Granny used to make dill, so I will have to scrounge around for it. I remember they were very good. Of course, you would need to grow some dill for that!
I'm sure you'll be cookin' up a storm when those veggies come in. Until then, don't beat yourself up. We all go through the same thing. I just can't understand why my family won't eat peanut butter and jelly every night!
Post a Comment