So Here Goes!
- It's a Miracle!!! I actually get to write you guys. So Good. Not that today was any good cause it wasn't but WHATEVER. I'm having a really really hard time to be honest. It's only been 5 days but it feels like it's been months cause everyday is constant punishment. And it's deserved cause the same handful of idiots keep screwing up and no matter how much those of us who have it down try to help them nothing changes. It's just hard to carry people all the time and constantly pay for someone else's mistakes. But we had a talk today so maybe it will get better. -ANYWAY- A few cool things have happened... Got to do some of the cool army obstacle courses that was pretty fun, Have been issued my M16 AY!! That is my favorite... No bullets though, just my rifle. Got to take it apart, just plain awesome. Uh, Got my helmet and bullet proof vest.... Also really neat, but HEAVY! The vest ways like 50 lbs all on its own... crazy! But thats prolly about it, mostly marching, getting punished and crappy M.R.E.'s (means Ready to Eat). Those things are gross. Some of the guys here are cool and I have fun from time to time (I actually like my drill sgts.), Its just tough dealing w/idiots. But I'm doing good and am pretty sure I'll make it. I miss you guys a ton! love you so much! Here's my address in case Lindsey didn't get a hold of you....
- Pvt. Adam Lichtenstein, RN#309
- B Company, 2nd Battalion, 47th Infantry
- Fort Benning, GA 31095
- And they said you could send cookies but only if there's enough to share. 46 guys in my platoon plus 3 drill sgts. So it's Ok If you don't. (I have to say here that we received a letter from his drill sgts that said to not send food. Since his battalion seems to be in trouble so often, I didn't think we should risk it.) I love you Mom. Love you Jesse! Hope all is well and that will hear from you soon and often! (I could use the cheering up most days, but I'm okay. Don't want you to worry about me. Miss you! Love You! Your son, Adam
2 comments:
Aw, poor guy. Mason and I will make him a card and send it. Nothing big or fancy or anything. Thinks for the address.
A letter from your soldier; how awesome is that!!! Looks like the start of a wonderful scrapbook of memories.
My grandparents saved every letter my dad wrote them when he went into the Air Force. My dad died when I was very young so I did not really get to know him. After the death of my grandparents, we found the letters. They were such a treasure. My dad wrote them everyday for the 4 years he was in the military.
Post a Comment