Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Beach Memories

I love this picture.




It speaks to me. I don't know if anyone else will 'get' it. I hope someone else does.
But, maybe that isn't the point.
Maybe it's just important that I love it. Who knows?
Anyway, It is my favorite picture of our recent beach trip.


I like the following pictures too. They just don't resonate as deeply with me.


We haven't been to the beach for years.
Fisherhead has always said that he hated the beach. And so many of my memories were of sandy cars, sandy sandwiches, and sand in places sand shouldn't be. So, going to the beach was never on the top of our lists of To Do's.



But when the idea to celebrate my Fister's birthday at the coast hit our radar, we both said, "Why not?"
I think it has been probably ten years since Amberbamber, Yexa and I took the MIL to the beach. That trip, alone, was enough to make a beach hater out of anyone.
Echos of 'Eat your banana! Eat it!" bounce around in my head.



So, I can't say how surprising this trip was. Maybe it was the convenience of having the house so close by. (It was the perfection to being able to go inside the house to get out of the sun.)
 Maybe it was the great company.
Maybe, it was the fact that I wasn't responsible for one, single child.
 Or that I didn't eat a single grain of sand. (Can't say that sand didn't get in places I'd prefer to remain sand free.)
But, this trip was lovely. Both, Fisherhead and I would go back in a heartbeat.




Either way, I can't believe that I miss the beach.
Anyone up for a trip to the coast?


No comments: