I've decided to give myself a challenge --- of a physical nature. Why? I don't know. Maybe it's because I am feeling better. Maybe all those vitamins, hormones, and thyroid prescriptions are doing their jobs. Maybe it's because I don't like the flab and fluff that I see in the mirror. Or, I want to give the old diet a bit of a boost. OR, maybe I'm just a glutton for punishment.
So, when I saw this on Pinterest (via Amy Moore Geer) I decided to give it a 30 day try.
Not too bad. Right?
Well, I started it tonight. You got to start sometime, right? I did what anybody with good intentions does. I jumped right in. I crunched... 25 crunches. Then had to stop before my stomach exploded. Then, I did some leg lifts. All of them to be exact. After a small pep talk, I finished the other 25 crunches. Yea me!!!
Feeling just a little worried, I looked up how to do bicycles. I couldn't believe it! They are just another form of crunches! Now, I don't know who originally made up this list. But, I think it is pretty tricky to put 125 'crunches' into three different exercises. If I don't have abs of steel by the end of the week, I'm going to be mighty disappointed.
I then did the squats. Not so bad....
Next, I looked up how to do sumo squats. Bad. Pretty darn Bad.
But, I did them all! I was starting to feel a bit better about this.
Time for the calve raises. Easy, peasy!
Bwahahahah! I' m so stupid.
My calves were burning. No, take that back, they were disintegrating in a molten lava-like rush.
By now, I was starting to rethink my good intentions. But, I remained determined to do this for 30 days. I can, and will do this.
After a more serious pep talk, I moved on to the arms.
About this time, I realized that eating right before I started my regimen was NOT a good idea. As I was waving my arms in the air, I started to get nauseous. By the end, I was trying not to puke.
I knew that jumping jacks were not going to happen tonight.
So, I skipped the jumping jacks and moved on to the last two exercises: Push ups and the plank.
I did the push ups----- barely.
The plank----- well, I modified it for the chubby, old gal that I am. After I got down there with all my weight on my elbows and knees, I realized that I didn't have anything to time myself. So, I decided to improvise. I used the only thing I had - the TV. I figured three commercials would equal one minute. By the end of the I Can't Believe It's Not Butter commercial, I was trembling - everywhere. But, thankfully, it was commercial #3. Woohoo! I collapsed on the floor.
However, I plan to be able to do a full plank by the end of the month.
Right now, I am shaking so bad that I can't believe I can type. My muscles are not happy.
They are talking about a revolting. But, I'm telling them that they need to shape up. After all, I'm in control!
They are talking about a revolting. But, I'm telling them that they need to shape up. After all, I'm in control!
We'll see who is right in the morning.
Anyone want to join me? I'd love the company and a sore muscle to cry on!

No comments:
Post a Comment