Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Banded update

I've had a couple of people ask how the weight loss is going. So, be careful of what you ask for! I just might answer.

Let's see..... It's been 9 months since I had the lapband surgery. In that time, I have lost 50 pounds. I have gone from a 2x to a large. Yipee for me!

Don't get too excited.

Now, I'm going to let you in on a secret. When someone who is losing weight suddenly stops talking about it, well..... there is usually a reason. My reason is this: I have been stuck for several months now. I haven't gained weight, but I haven't lost any either. It stinks. It's frustrating. It's embarrassing.

What is even more troublesome? I think this means that I need to start exercising. Ugh!

I have been doing Zumba on the Wii. However, I know that I look like an A-number one Dork as I attempt to follow the steps and shake my booty at the same time. It's not pretty. Take my word for it. It's even worse in one dance. Somehow, I'm supposed to jump around, shake my booty and do the shimmy at the same time. The character on the Wii looks really good doing it. I just manage to scare the dogs.... And pull a tush muscle.... and knock over a lamp.

Maybe being a size large isn't so bad, after all.

1 comment:

Alisa said...

Personally, I think you are a size beautiful!

I have friends who Zumba but they are skinny and don't have much to jostle around. Personally, I am all for a long walk, but will have to wait until cooler weather.