
I keep telling myself to not forget how wonderful this has been. Later this year, I will be able to literally hear the plants sizzle in the sun. In the summer, my skin will shrivel and crack in the unrelenting heat. It will be miserable to be outside until that fleeting 30 minutes before the sunsets. Makes me tired just to think of it.
And, it is already starting. We haven't had much rain, so things are already drying up quickly. The last two afternoons, I have been bitten by a mosquito. How do those suckers manage to procreate when we are in a drought? The temperatures are already hitting 90. The oaks are finally finished puking leaves and dropping pollen and crud everywhere. (The leaves were about 6 inches deep this year. Poor Fisherhead has raked and hauled leaves for weeks. Can you tell I HATE those leaves?!)
But for now, the butterflies are coming out.
The local hummingbird is flitting about and making me feel guilty for not filling the feeder sooner.

The plants are green, blooming, and fresh.
The vegetable garden - Yes, we are trying it AGAIN - looks like it has more hope for it's success than I do.
The wind chimes are constantly ringing.
(I have too many, but I love them.)
The clearance plants, I can't seem to stop buying, quickly regain their lush color and begin to bloom. (I have a serious problem with clearance plants. But that is a thought for another day.)

The few seeds I managed to plant are managing to break thru the soil.
I love that! I love going outside and seeing new baby plants. It gives me hope.
A couple of the tomato plants have little, green tomatoes.
Going outside in spring is like opening a present everyday. Corny, I know. But, think about it. Things change so quickly, this time of year. You never know what has decided to bloom, or bear fruit, or begin to live. So, each time you walk in your yard, if you look closely, there is some surprise. And, while it is corny, simplistic, probably silly to some extent, I love this time of year!
2 comments:
I agree w you on all of this blog but especially the last paragraph. I feel just the same way.
Your blog always makes me laugh. Glad I had some time and energy to read it today. Love ya.
Post a Comment