Monday, April 25, 2011

Cutie Pies

This is Molly.




She's my sweetie pie.




She makes you want to run out to the pound and grab the first dog that makes your heart melt.


If you are lucky, like me, the dog that steals your heart will be on clearance.


Hopefully, you'll make it all the way home before you find out WHY she is on clearance.




We, almost, made it home, before we found out.




Almost.





Now, if Molly makes you want to rush to the pound, this kiddo will make you want to rush out and have a baby. (Or, if you are like me, grow another 'oven')




He was not on clearance.




His mother would probably disown me, if I even suggested such a thing.




However, he did eat a good share of Falling Down Cake, which I happen to love!




But, won't hold it against him.




He's too young to realize how much danger he was in.









This is Benny.




He is named after one of the characters in the Boxcar Children series.


(If you have never read this series, well.... You missed out on a great escape, as a child. I made it through many a bad day day dreaming that I was an orphan hiding out in a boxcar, living on food I earned and using found objects to make a home. OH MY GOSH! I may have just discovered the birth on my garage sale/scavenging obsession!)




Benny, and his sister, Violet, showed up in my canna lilly patch two years ago.

They were just barely weaned. And we don't have any idea where they came from.




Molly 'mothered' them and they are her shadows to this day.



Do you hear the pound calling?


A dog or cat is waiting for you!





Now, just in case baby fever, or toddler fever, didn't kick in with one adorable boy, I decided to throw in another one!

Aren't they the cutest! These two guys are so sweet together. They are finally at an age that they can be 'friends'. Though, when it came to cake, it was every toddler for themselves! Sharing wasn't even mentioned, let alone put into practice.


They make my heart melt.


So much so, that I decided to forgive them for eating all that cake...


And freshly picked strawberries...


And ice cream...






I think I'll change the subject, before I drive all the way back to Marble Falls for a piece of that cake!


This is Violet.


Like the character in the book, she is shy.


However, she is beautiful.


When she showed up in our canna lillies, she wasn't all that cute. However, she grew up to be a beautiful cat.


She, is Molly's favorite. Even though I tell Molly that you aren't supposed to choose a favorite child, she can't help herself. After all, Violet will hold still while Molly licks her head. Wouldn't you love to lick some one's head?... If you were a dog, that is.



Now, if you weren't all gooey and warm inside, this is your last chance.


One more peek at chubby cheeks, big eyes, cute little noses...


Little fingers, perfect ears, and itty bitty chins.


A peek at that wonderful Falling Down Cake and ice cream.


Did I mention that there were strawberries, too?


Freshly picked strawberries!


Do you see that kid shoveling it in!


He better enjoy it while he can.

Pretty soon, he'll be old enough that I can fight him for it and not feel guilty.


How old does a kid have to be before it is okay to wrestle him to the ground to pry strawberries and cake from his tiny little fingers?!?

2 comments:

Gema said...

What great pics....and such cute, lovable subjects. Love that pic of Violet....she's a beauty. Was so good having everyone here But...I'm in trouble w Josh for leaving them out. Me bad.

tpot said...

Cute boys!!!