Sunday, December 21, 2008

Is Christmas really four days away?!

What happened?! I don't have all my shopping done. I just started baking. What will we be eating Christmas day? The house is a mess and people are coming. How will I get everything done in time?! What will I do? Why does this happen every year?
I start out so excited about the holidays. I put up decorations the weekend after Thanksgiving. I make grand plans on my calendar; detailing when everything will be done. I just know that THIS is the year I get to do everything with little stress and lots of time to relax between activities. THIS is the year I get to enjoy the entire holiday season!
Well, somehow I missed the mark - again. And I'm starting to freak out. But in a good way - ha ha haaaa. I know it will all turn out fine. That I am expecting more than everyone else is. I know that I will have a great time. Frankly, I'm starting to look forward to January. Is that Anti- Christmas?

2 comments:

no_iffer said...

right there with you! How HOW does that happen!?

tpot said...

We had a great time at your house! Everything was wonderful, and your lasagna was to die for!