Thursday, April 3, 2008

As My World Spins...

I get DIZZY!

I know there is a season for everything. I know that these seasons don't last forever. Just like the cold days of winter and the hot days of summer - this time in our lives will come to an end. But When?

I thought that when we got out of March, things would settle down for a few weeks before Hayden is born. I guess it's not to be though. So far, April has it's own plans for us.

Oh, it started off nice and accomodating. April 1st began with a quick resolution to my professional licensing problem that I had been battling since the first of March. I had to pay off my student loan before renewing, but didn't get that info until 2 weeks before March 31st. ( My license expired then.) We paid it off, but it took the student loan people and my licensing board a long time to get it in their systems. Unfortunately, since it took till April 1 and not MArch 31, I wasn't able to renew online and print out my renewal letter so I could go to work. (THere is a pesky little clause in our rules that states that if you do not have at least the online letter stating renewal, you can not practice until you recieve your renewal in the mail. Now keep in mind, it usually takes 2 weeks to recieve your renewal by mail.) So, there I was in downtown Austin - which I hate- at 7:30 am, practically begging for my renewal. I couldn't afford to wait two weeks to recieve it. How many jobs would wait that long? They told me it would only take two days, if I was willing to come and get it and if they could get accounting to rush it through. I took a big breath and resigned myself to my fate. As I was getting in the elevator, I heard a lady calling Mrs. Fisher! I stuck my hand into the closing doors and practically jumped into her arms. She had convinced accounting to do it right away. If I could wait 10 minutes, they would have it for me. Could I wait?! Was she serious? Well, in the end, my professional license renewal cost me a pretty $210 extra to renew because it was late. Big OUCH! But I can work. Yipee!

Then The 2nd rolled around. When I went to work that day, I knew Jesse wasn't feeling well. I knew his stomach hurt. I knew that he had gotten a sub and was going to make an appointment with our doctor. What I didn't know was that he ended up in the emergency room. That his blood was so thin - due to the cumadin he was taking - that they couldn't process it to make routine tests. That he had a CAT scan to rule out abdominal bleeding and kidney stones. That is until I called to see what the doctor said. So, I left work and went to the hospital. The doctors wanted to keep him over night. The only thing that stopped the pain was heavy narcotics. I left that night when he started to doze off - or so I thought. Turns out that his pain got much worse. SO bad that his room mate called the nurse for him. They gave him a triple shot of pain meds that ended up making him sick as a dog. He finally passed out and slept through the night. While he slept, they ended up giving him 4 units of plasma to thicken his blood. Thankfully, he woke up with no pain; except for a headache and some left over nausea. He is home now, sleeping. I hope to get some food into him later.

It is only April 3rd. Surely things will slow down. I hope this weekend is wonderful! I need it.

Your living soap opera - Tammie

2 comments:

tpot said...

Oh, I am so sorry to hear about Jesse!!! I can't believe it. Please call me if you need anything. If ever needs to stay home and have someone check on him I could do it. Is he okay now??? I'll be praying for him and you.
Lots of love,
T

SBTVD said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the SBTVD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://sbtvd.blogspot.com. A hug.